Hutchesontown was originally the location of a leper hospital on the south side of the River Clyde west of the central part of the parish of the Gorbals. The leper hospital was removed when industry arrived around 1800 and housing was required for the workers. By 1850 it was very densely populated.
Hutchensontown was Registration District 644-10 from 1855-1874 and Registration District 644-11 from 1874-1900.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Hutchesontown. for a description of the community in the 20th century.