Place:Half-Banchory, Kincardineshire, Scotland

Watchers
NameHalf-Banchory
Alt namesHalf Banchory
TypeFormer community
Coordinates57.06°N 2.48°W
Located inKincardineshire, Scotland
Also located inPresbytery of Kincardine O'Neil, Synod of Aberdeen, Scotland     ( - 1750)
See alsoBanchory-Ternan, Kincardineshire, Scotlandparish in which it was located (if it ever existed)
source: Family History Library Catalog


In the Aberdeenshire Poll Tax of 1696, there is a parish of "Half Banchory" listed among the Presbytery of Kincardine O'Neil. It is associated with the parishes of Peterculter and Drumoak. It may be that "Half Banchory" is a part of the parish of Banchory-Ternan that once belonged to Aberdeenshire instead of Kincardineshire?

Or was it the "half" of Banchory that was in Aberdeenshire?


Research Tips


Fundraiser
Help fund new features!