- source: Family History Library Catalog
Anderston started out as a weavers' village in the 1720s and by 1846 it had been incorporated into Glasgow. Its name comes from the Anderson family of Stobcross. It is located just west of the centre of Glasgow. Anderston was Registration District 644-8 from 1855-1874 and Registration District 644-10 from 1874-1900.
Scottish Places provides more information.
Refer to Glasgow burgh for parish records, vital records since 1855, and censuses.