Facts and Events
||22 Sep 1743
||Papaking, Sussex, New Jersey, United States
||Sussex, New Jersey, United Statesto Mary Dupue
||1780 - 1781
||Sussex, New Jersey, United StatesRevolutionary War
||Newton, Sussex, New Jersey, United StatesFreeholder of Newton Twp
||9 Dec 1806
||Frankford, Sussex, New Jersey, United States
American Revolution Veteran
Biography of Zachariah Price
Zachariah, son of Samuel Price and Sarah Perrin was born in 22 Sept 1743 in Papakating, Sussex County, New Jersey. He was a farmer, and a soldier throughout the whole of the American Revolution. He married Mary DePew (Depue), born in Sussex county, New Jersey, October 20, 1754. In Snell's book, Zachariah Price is listed as a citizen who served as a chosen freeholder of Newton Township in 1786. The list, from the formation of the township down to the year 1791, is from an old volume of records of the "Justices and Freeholders of Sussex County".
Zachariah served in the American Revolution in Major Westbrook's Battalion and the New Jersey state militia. He is listed in both the Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution. The Office of the adjutant General of Trenton, New Jersey lists his service as follows:
- Zachariah Price - Served as a Private, Captain Jacob Stoll's Company, Colonel Aaron Hankinson's Second Regiment, Sussex County Militia; Private, State Troops, in 1780 (troops raised under the Act of June 7, 1780, to serve until January 1, 1781); served in Sussex County under the command of Major Samuel Westbrook; received Certificate No 420, amounting to £0:6:8, for the depreciation of his Continental pay in the Sussex Milita.
Zachariah and his wife, Mary DePuy [DePue] are both buried in the "Price Family Burial Ground" in Frankford Plains, Sussex, New Jersey.
His will was dated 8 Dec 1806.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Daughters of the Amercian Revolution, A093129.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Snell, James P. History of Sussex and Warren Counties, New Jersey: with illustrations and biographical sketches of its prominent men and pioneers. (Philadelphia: Everts & Peck, 1881), p 73, p 258.
- Lee, Francis Bazley. Genealogical and memorial history of the state of New Jersey: a record of the achievements of her people in the making of a commonwealth and the founding of a nation. (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1910), Vol 1, p277.
- ↑ Find A Grave.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Lee, Francis Bazley. Genealogical and memorial history of the state of New Jersey: a record of the achievements of her people in the making of a commonwealth and the founding of a nation. (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1910), p 278.
The linage of Zachariah is given.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revolution Record of Zachariah Price