Facts and Events
- ↑ Prentiss, Mississippi, United States. 1900 U. S. Census Population Schedule, Roll 623_826, P 16B.
Wiley Pollard, Lacy, Prentiss, b. July 1855, Alabama, Farmer, married 18 years
Wiley Pollard, M. age 54; Mary Pollard, Aug 1859, age 40; John L Pollard, M b. Feb 1883, age 17; Ocy Pollard, F, b. Sept 1883, age 16 ; Thomas L Pollard, M. b. Feb 1887, age 13; Boliver H Pollard, M. b. March 1889, age 11; Maggie E Pollard, b. Nov 1891, age 8; William L Pollard, M. b Feb 1894, age 6; Baxter M Pollard; M. b Sept 1896, age 3.
- Prentiss, Mississippi, United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Roll T624_756, Page 20A.
Luther Pollard, b. abt 1894, Mississippi, Hired Man, Beat 1, Prentiss, Mississippi
Luther Pollard, age 16, S, W, M, b. Mississippi, enumerated with Chrestina C. Smith age 60.
- W. L. Pallard, in Alcorn, Mississippi, United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Roll T625_868; p 8A.
W. L. Pollard, Beat 2, Alcorn, Mississippi, b. abt 1895, Mississippi
W. L. Pollard, M, W, age 25, Rent, Virgie Pollard, F, W, age 20, b. Tennessee.
Indexed on census as "Pallard"
- William "Bunk" Pollard was the owner of a sawmill in Selmer, TN. Around 1929-1930, he faked his own death, leaving behind a wife, Vergie Powers Pollard. He left with Effie Pearl Budlong, whom he married in 1929 or 1930 in Oklahoma, never having divorced his first wife, Vergie. He and his second wife, Effie Pearl, changed their names and assumed fake identities, living out their lives in North Louisiana, where he became a prominent landowner and the owner/proprietor of a general store. They had three children, Merry Anne, John Ernest, and Dortha Anne. Upon his death, in 1975, his wife told their daughter, Dortha, about their real names and where they were really from, secrets that none of his family had ever known during his life. Dortha took her mother home to visit Selmer, TN and Corinth, MS where they still had family living. It was only then that their families found out what had really happened to them.
He lived his life out being known as Jack Pollard.
Bunk Pollard's first wife, Vergie, was living in Booneville as of June 8, 1983.
- ↑ William Luther Pollard Birth