Facts and Events
Lavaca County, Texas, 1850 census:
- Blundel, Wm. 31 yrs Farm b. Louisiana
- Clorilda 23 yrs b. Alabama
- William 7 yrs b. Texas
- James A. 3 yrs b. Texas
- Cartherine 1 yr b. Texas
- John A. 17 yrs b. Louisiana
- [NOTE: John A. is William's brother and is double-listed; he also appears with his father in Titus County.]
Lavaca County, Texas, 1860 census:
- Blundell, William 42 yrs Farmer (real estate = $1,000; personal estate = $300) b. Louisiana
- Clotilda 27 yrs House wife b. Mississippi
- James 12 yrs b. Texas
- Catharine 11 yrs b. Texas
- Oscar 8 yrs b. Texas
- Mary 5 yrs b. Texas
- Joseph 2 yrs b. Texas
- English, William 17 yrs Laborer b. Texas
Hill County, Texas, 1870 census:
- Blundell, William 52 yrs Farmer b. Louisiana
- Catherine 30 yrs b. Mississippi
- Oscar 15 yrs b. Texas
- Mary 13 yrs b. Texas
- Josephine 11 yrs b. Texas
- Sarah 10 yrs b. Texas
- Lizzie 2 yrs b. Texas
- Smith, Josephine 16 yrs b. Texas
- Porchontas[?][f] 10 yrs b. Texas
- [NOTE ENUMERATOR'S ERROR: "Josephine" is actually his son, Joseph.]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Lavaca, Texas, United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 308B, dwelling/family 43/43.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lavaca, Texas, United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 236, dwelling/family730/730.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hill, Texas, United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 411A, dwelling/family 89/89.
Help fund new features!