Sarah Elmina Mehl
d.7 Aug 1908
Facts and Events
||Sarah Elmina Mehl
||13 Aug 1848
||Ohio, United States
||Putnam, Missouri, United StatesBreckenridge Township
||16 Jan 1872
||Putnam, Missouri, United Statesto William Covington Scott
||15 Jun 1876
||Putnam, Missouri, United Stateswith husband, signed loan selling her share of her father's estate
||Putnam, Missouri, United StatesUnion Township
||Putnam, Missouri, United StatesUnion Townhip
||7 Aug 1908
||Unionville, Putnam, Missouri, United StatesUnion Church cemetery
- ↑ Volumes 15-16; FHL #1010781, in Putnam County (Missouri). Recorder of Deeds. Deeds, 1847-1890; abstract and index of deeds, 1847-1889. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1977), Volume 15, p. 333, Primary quality.
Wm C. Scott and Sarah E. Scott his wife of Putnam County, Missouri
are held and firmly bound to John W. Mehl and James H. Skipper
in the sum of $900
on 15 June 1876
Under the conditions
on payment of 3 notes bearing dates of
25 Aug 1876 for $100
25 Aug 1877 for $125
25 Aug 1878 for $125
bearing interest at 10% per annum from and after maturity
and all the interest that may be due thereon
[Wm. and Sarah] shall convey to John W. Mehl and James H. Skipper right and title to the Real Estate belonging to the estate of Frederick Mehl late deceased and situate in Putnam County, Missouri, being our interest in the same and equal to the Undivided 1//6 part thereof, by Warrantee Deed
and in the meantime shall permit John W. Mehl and James H. Skipper to occupy and improve the said premises for their own use
then this obligation shall be void, otherwise to remain in full force & effect
Signed and Sealed, W. C. Scott, Sarah E. Scott
Witnessed by A. S. Runyon, Notary Public on 15 June 1876
Filed 24 Oct 1876
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 1297, Fam 1167, Primary quality.
Hinman, Jno., 69, Grocer, RE=$2500, PE=$300, b. VA
Mell, Frederick, 43, farmer, RE=$1000, PE=$1000, b. Germany
, Barbary, 38, b. Germany
, Mary, 12, b. OH
, Sarah, 11, b. OH
, Jno., 10, OH
, Ellen, 5, OH
, Henry, 4, b. IA
, Solomon, 9 mon, b. MO
- ↑ Mary Ida (Scott) Godfrey, Sept. 13, 1960, in Scott Family Letters, Secondary quality.
William [Covington] Scott married Sarah Mehls. We called her Aunt Sade. She was a small woman and ever so nice.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Union Church Cemetery, Sherman Township, in Phillips, Sarah Lemen. Putnam County, Missouri cemeteries: information obtained by stone readings and additional data from Unionville Republican; readings to 1980 inclusive. (Kirksville, Missouri: Simpson Printing, c1990), p. 291, Secondary quality.
Scott, Sarah Elmina (Mehls) wife of William C. b. 13 Aug 1848, d. 7 Aug 1908
- ↑ Missouri, Putnam County; FHL #1254711, in United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 170, Family 171, Primary quality.
Scott, William C., age 44, farmer, born PA, father born DE, mother born MD
, Sarah E., age 31, wife, keeping house, born OH, both parents born Germany
, Fred A., son, age 7, born MO, attended school
, Orrin H., son, age 5, born MO, attended school
, Ma[rtha] B., age 2, daughter, b. MO
- ↑ Missouri, Putnam County; FHL #1240884, in United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624), HH 139, Family 142, Primary quality.
Scott, William C., white male, born February 1836, age 64, married 29 years, born Pennsylvanian, father born Delaware, mother born Maryland, able to read, write, speak English, owns farm free of mortgage.
, Sarah E., wife, white female, born August 1848, age 51, 4 children (4 living), born Ohio, both parents born Germany, able to read, write, speak English
, Mindie B., daughter, born May 1878, age 22, single, born Missouri, able to read, write, speak English, at school
, Ora E., daughter, born November 1888, age 11, single, born Missouri, able to read, write, speak English, at school