Facts and Events
||Sarah Ann Johnson
||Indiana, United Statesprobably Clark County
||Pope, Illinois, United StatesAlexander Township
||Clark, Indiana, United States
||30 Nov 1837
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statesto John W Dawson
||Johnson, Indiana, United States
||bef Nov 1842
||Johnson, Indiana, United States[probable death location] ; when husband remarried
- ↑ Pope, Illinois, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 76, Primary quality.
Illinois, Pope, Alexander
1 m >10 [Robert],
1 m 10-15 [Charles],
1 m 26-44 [Bailey],
3 f >10 [Evaline, Sarah, Mary],
1 f 16-25 [Ann]
- ↑ Household Recorded, in Clark, Indiana, United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 91, Primary quality.
1 m<5 [Byron],
1 m 20-30 [John],
1 f 20-30 [Sarah]
- ↑ Estate File #3697, Sarah Ann Dawson (1844), in Johnson, Indiana, United States. Probate Records, Primary quality.
Guardian Bond, John W. Dawson, filed 14 May 1844, Probate Court
The undersigned would respectfully represent unto your honor that he is the father of Byron Dawson who is aged about 6 year. His mother Sarah Ann Dawson now deceased was the daughter and one of the heirs at law of Baly Johnson, late of said county deceased, who died intestate seized of 140.0 acres of land situate on the Madison and Indianapolis State road about 2 and 1/2 miles south of Franklin – the rental value of which land is about $60. That there are 5 heirs of said Baly none [sic] entitled to one equal [“one equal” inserted above line] share of said land one of whom is the said Byron son of your petitioner. Your petitioner wishes to be appointed guardian of his said son so as to enable and authorize him to take full charge of this interest and share of his said son in said estate
Signed John W. Dawson
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Household Recorded, in Clark, Indiana, United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Clark County, Indiana, NE of the State Road
1 m 20-30 [Robert],
1 m 40-50 [Bailey],
1 f 10-15 [Sarah],
1 f 40-50 [Ann]
- ↑ Indiana State Library. Indiana State Library Genealogy Database: Marriages through 1850. (Indiana, United States), Secondary quality.
Dawson, John W. and Shelton, Mary J, Marion County, 11-16-1842 [16 Nov 1842]
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Family Recorded, in Dunn, Jacob Piatt. Memorial and genealogical record of representative citizens of Indiana. (Indianapolis, Indiana: B.F. Bowen & Co., 1912), p. 43, Secondary quality.