Facts and Events
||14 MAR 1788
||, , Burlington, New Jersey,
||17 NOV 1809
||Burlington, Burlington, New Jersey, United StatesUpper Evesham Monthly Meeting
to Esther Andrews
||25 FEB 1824
||Miami MM, , Warren Co., Ohio,Quaker roc
with Esther Andrews
||18 MAR 1825
||Lot 27, Washington, Wayne County, Indiana,Land Purch
||27 APR 1825
||Miami MM, , Warren Co., Ohio,Quaker gct
with Esther Andrews
||West Grove, , Wayne County, Indiana,Quaker roc
with Esther Andrews
||24 FEB 1829
||part of NW 1/4 of S27 T17 R13 30 acres, , Wayne County, Indiana,Land Purch
||Wayne, Indiana, United States
||Fairfield Cemetery, , Wayne, Indiana,
||11 JUL 1839
||, , Wayne, Indiana,
||14 JUL 1839
||1/2 mile west, Washington, Wayne County, Indiana,
- ↑ History of Wayne County, Indiana, Biography of Samuel Ogburn.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana. (Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy [volume VII]), West Grove p.10.
- ↑ Early Church Records of Burlington County, New Jersey, vol. 1, p. 185 Mt. Holly MM.
- ↑ Wayne County, Indiana County Deeds, Deed Record L, page 80.
- ↑ Wayne County, Indiana County Deeds, Deed Record J, pg. 400-402.
- ↑ Wayne County, Indiana Will Books (County Clerk's Office, Wayne County Courthouse, Richmond, Indiana), Will Record 2 (July 1829-April 1848), p. 193-94.
- ↑ Ogburn, a collection of genealogical information about the Ogburn family in the United States, p. 205.
- from New Jersey to Ohio
- ↑ This indenture made this eighteenth day of March in in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and twenty five. Between Jesse Bond of the County of Wayne and State of Indiana of the one part and Samuel Ogborn of the County and State aforesaid of the other part Witnesseth that the said Jesse Bond for and in consideration of the sum of one hundred and forty dollars to him in hand paid the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged hath sold and conveyed and by these presents doth sell and convey unto the said Samuel Ogborn a certain Lot or piece of Land situate in the Town of Washington State and County aforesaid and being known on the plat of said Town by being numbered twenty seven lying and being in Section numbered twenty six Township seventeen Range thirteen East of the second principal Meridian line. To have and to hold said Lot or piece of Land with all the appurtenances thereunto to the said Samuel Ogborn his heirs and assigns forever. And the said Jesse Bond his heirs and assigns shall and will warrant and forever defend by these presents -
In witness whereof the said Jesse Bond together with Phebe his wife have hereunto set their hands and seals the day and year above written.
Signed Sealed and delivered
In the presence of Jesse Bond
Nathan Bond mark of Phebe Bond
- ↑ William McLain, Sheriff of Wayne County to Samuel Ogburn, asignee of Peter Woolpert of Wayne Co.
land obtained in a decree against Isaac Nordyke on 5 day of the February term 1827 for $139.78 there being no bids offered at the public sale.
Beginning at the SouthEast corner of the NW quarter of section 37 of T17 of R13 thence west 50 perches to a stake, thence north 96 perches to a stake, thence east 50 perches, thence south 96 perches to the beginning. Thirty acres of land
- ↑ Ogburn, Samuel Wayne p. 102
1 m 0-41 f 0-4
1 m 5-91 f 5-9
3 m 10-14
1 m 15-191 f 15-19
1 m 40-491 f 40-49
- ↑ SAMUEL OGBORN'S WILL
I, Samuel Ogborn, of Clay Township in the County of Wayne, do make and publish this my Last Will and Testament, hereby revoking and making void all former wills by me at any time heretofore made. First, I direct that me body be decently interred and that my funeral be conducted in a plain manner corresponding with my estate and situation in life. And as to such worldly estate as it has pleased God to intrust me with I dispose of the same in the following manner: To wit: I direct first that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid as soon after my decease as possible out of the first money that shall come to the hands of my executors from any portion of my personal estate. I also direct that my whole estate both real and personal after paying all expenses as above named shall be and remain absolute the property of my beloved wife during her natural lifetime or during her widowhood. And I also direct that my estate thus bequeathed to my said wife shall at her death or at the time of her marrying aain (should she do so) be equally divided among my several sons and daughters share and share alike. And should either of my sons or daughters be deceased at that time then their share or shares of my said estate is to be divided equally among their heirs. And I hereby make and ordain my beloved wife, Hester Ogborn, and my esteemed brother, Joseph P. Ogborn, executrix and executor of this my Last Will and Testament. I witness whereof I Samuel Ogborn, the testator have hereunto set my hand and seal this Eleventhth day of the Seventh Month in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty nine.
Signed, sealed, published and declared by the above named Samuel Ogborn as his last will aND TESTAMENT in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses there in the presence of said testator and in the presence of each other.
Wm. W. Bunnel