m. 18 Jan 1676/77
- Samuel Williams Barker1686 - 1754
Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Marshfield, Mass., Vital Records", in Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Descendant, 4:125.
Samuel Barker the Son of John Barker & Desire his Wife was Born Aprill. 23. 1686.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Foster, F. Apthorp. Vital Records of Scituate, Massachusetts to the Year 1850. (Boston, Mass: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1909), 2:351.
Barker, Sam[ue]ll Williams, (died ) Aug. 6, 1754. [Capt. Samuel W[illia]m, a. 68 y. 4 m., GR6]
[Birth about Apr 1686. GR6=Union Street Cemetery, Scituate Harbor.]
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Newhall, Barker. The Barker family of Plymouth Colony and County. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1972), 75-6.
Children of John Barker and Desire Annable: 5) Samuel Williams Barker, b. 23 Apr 1686, d. 6 Aug 1754, m 25 Dec 1706 Hannah Cushing.
- ↑ Barker, Elizabeth Frye. Barker genealogy : Robert of Plymouth Colony, 1628, John of Duxbury, Mass., 1628, James of Rhode Island, 1634, James of Rowley, Mass., 1638, Edward of Branford, Conn., 1640, Richard of Andover Mass., 1643, Samuel of Delaware, 1682, Virginia Barkers, 1700. (New York: Frye Pub. Co., 1927), 233.
Samuel Williams (Barker) at the age of eight inherited the Barker homestead at Scituate, Mass. This house was built by John Williams, father in law of Robert and John Barker, as early as 1634 and was for a time used as a garrison-house, as appears from its massive inner walls of brick pierced with loopholes. The son of John Williams, Capt. John died childless in 1694 and left the house, with 200 acres of land to his grand nephew, Samuel Williams. The place remained in the Barker family for six or seven generations. … He married 12-25-1706 Hannah, dau. of Rev. Jeremiah and Hannah (Loring) Cushing.