- H. Robert Kelsey Watkins1910 - 1954
- W. Catherine Weir (add)
Facts and Events
ROBERT KELSEY WATKINS was born at home on 29 Dec 1910 at Russellville,
Putnam County, Indiana. He was a twin to Gertrude. He appeared on the
census of 1930 at 803 John St, Mason Township, Crawfordsville, Montgomery
He married CATHERINE WEIR on 21 Oct 1933 at the age of
22. He is listed as a Telegraph Messenger in the 1930 census when he was
19. ROBERT KELSEY WATKINS was a Mechanic and Race Car Driver, and a night
foreman at International Harvester. One of his cars was used to set speed
record for cars of that class at the Bonneville Salt Flats.
He died in Nov
1954 at Speedway, Marion County, Indiana, at age 43, of a Heart Attack.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Nancy Reichard. Reichard Family History. (Family History, ca 1980), Secondary quality.
- ↑ Lottie Watkins. Watkins Webb Family Record. (Family Record), Secondary quality.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Cap Watkins Family Collection: Collected by Gertrude Watkins Reichard. (Obituaries), Secondary quality.
- ↑ Nancy Reichard. Webb GED Reichard. (Family History), Secondary quality.
- ↑ United States. Works Progress Administration (Indiana), and Indiana Works Progress Administration. Index to birth records, Putnam County, 1882-1920. (Indianapolis [Indiana]: Indiana State Library, 1983), Secondary quality.
- ↑ United States. Bureau of the Census. 15th census, 1930. Indiana, 1930 federal census: population schedules ; NARA microfilm publication T626. (Washington, District of Columbia: Bureau of the Census Micro-Film Laboratory, 199-?), 1930, Primary quality.
Crawfordsville, Montgomery, Indiana, United States
Roll: 620; Page: 10B; Enumeration District: 24; Image: 404.0
Watkins Family Entry
- ↑ of a Heart Attack