Facts and Events
||United StatesIndiana or Kentucky
||Pope, Illinois, United StatesAlexander Township
||Clark, Indiana, United States
||2 Sep 1833
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statespurchase Town Lot, Franklin
||23 Jun 1835
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statessold land
||3 Jun 1836
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statessold Town Lot to brother-in-law
||17 Aug 1847
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statessigned bond as Sheriff
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statesresigned as Sheriff
||Johnson, Indiana, United StatesFranklin, occupation grocery store
||possibly in California, or on way to California
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Franklin, Johnson, Indiana, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH53, Primary quality.
1850 US Census, Indiana, Johnson, Franklin, HH 53
Hollenback, W. P. and family
Johnson, Robert 34, grocery store, b. KY
Johnson, Ann, 68, b. PA
Snow, Charles, 22, laborer, b. IN
- ↑ Illinois, Pope, Alexander, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 76, Primary quality.
Jonston, Beley, 1 m >10 [Robert], 1 m 10-15 [Charles], 1 m 26-44 [Bailey], 3 f >10 [Evaline, Sarah, Mary], 1 f 16-25 [Ann]
- ↑ Vol. C, in Johnson, Indiana, United States. Deed Records, p. 210, Nov 1832-1835, Primary quality.
Indenture 2 Sept 1833
Between Bereford Webb of Johnson County, Indiana
And Robert Johnson of Clark county, Indiana who paid $85 for the
E part of Lot #69 in the Town of Franklin, that is to say drawing a line North & south across said lot at the west end of the present dwelling house of the said Webb
Signed Bereford Webb, Ann Webb
Witness W. Shaffer, Recorded 2 Sep 1833
- ↑ Vol. D, in Johnson, Indiana, United States. Deed Records, p. 86, Dec 1835-Nov 1836, Primary quality.
Robert Johnson of Johnson County, IN was paid $65 by
Simeon Taylor of same place for
The NW1/4 of the NE1/4, S8, T12N, R5E, 40 acres
Signed 23 June 1835, Robert Johnson
Witness John Foster JP
- ↑ Vol. D, in Johnson, Indiana, United States. Deed Records, p. 317, Dec 1835-Nov 1836, Primary quality.
Indenture 3 June 1836
Between Robert Johnson of Johnson County, Indiana
And John C. Goodwin of Johnson County who paid $130 for
91 and 1/2 feet off the e End of Lot #69 in the Town of Franklin in front and running south across said lot
Signed Robert Johnson
Witness Simon Shaffer, James Chenoweth JP
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Vol. J, in Johnson, Indiana, United States. Deed Records, p. 148, Mar 1842-Jan 1849, Primary quality.
Robert Johnson, Jacob Deggs, Jacob Harter, Geo W. Williams, Wm Ware, Joseph L. Roberts, Jacob Sibert, Wm Bridges, Danl Webb, Wilkins Dettypool, Henry Fox, Nixon Hughs and Willy Jones, all of Johnson County IN,
bond for $5000 on condition that Robert Johnson, elected and commissioned Sheriff of Johnson County, will serve to the best of his abilities according to law
Signed 17 Aug 1847, Robert Johnson, Jacob Duggs
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Johnson Family File, Johnson County Museum of History, Franklin, Indiana Miscellaneous Notes – Bailey Johnson, in Family Files.
A Robert Johnson was Sheriff of Johnson Co. from 1847 until 1849 when he resigned. Legend has it that he went to California in the Goldrush and was never heard from again.
- ↑ Clark County, Indiana, NE of the State Road, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Johnson, Bailey, 1 m 20-30 [Robert], 1 m 40-50 [Bailey], 1 f 10-15 [Sarah], 1 f 40-50 [Ann]