Robert I , of France, King of Western Francia
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Robert I (866–923) was the King of Western Francia from 922 to 923. Before succeeding his brother Odo as king he was the Count of Poitiers, Marquis of Neustria and Orléans and Count of Paris.
- ↑ Robert I of France, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- (EA)Encyclopedia Americana, 1951, v.11 pp.719-722.
- Robert I, Roi de France, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 ROBERT, son of ROBERT "le Fort" Comte [de Tours], Marquis en Neustrie & his [second] wife --- (-killed in battle near Soissons 15 Jun 923)., in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Robert I, in Baldwin, Stewart, and Todd Farmerie. The Henry Project (King Henry II ): Ancestors of King Henry II.
- ↑ Cawley (Medieval Lands) estimates his birth year as about 860, without mentioning the 15 Aug 866 date given in Wikipedia (which appears to be based on an article published in 1911). Aug 866 was shortly after his father's death, which would likely have drawn some attention if it was recorded in contemporary sources.