Facts and Events
||Robert Bush Butler
||16 Feb 1882
||Booneville, Prentiss, Mississippi, United States
||24 Dec 1905
||Booneville, Prentiss, Mississippi, United Statesto Osie Lean Pollard
||Prentiss, Mississippi, United States
||7 Jul 1951
||Hobbs, Lea, New Mexico, United States
||10 Jul 1951
||Prairie Haven Memorial Park Cemetery, Hobbs, Lea, New Mexico, United States
Robert Bush "Bob" Butler was a policeman killed in the line of duty in Hobbs, New Mexico. He was the husband of Osie Pollard Butler, both of whom were born in Prentiss County, Mississippi, having migrated west during the Great Depression in search of greater economic opportunity. He was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and a devoted policeman in service to the people of Hobbs, New Mexico.
Robert Butler is of Anglo-Norman-Irish descent, and has Type III Irish (Dalcasian) DNA, R1b1c1 haplogroup. He is ancestrally descended from the Irish O'Brien line from Carrigogunnell Castle, and the Earls of Ormonde Line from Kilkenny Castle, Ireland. He is also a descendant of King Edward I of England, and is distantly related through the Butler line to Ann Boleyn, the beheaded wife of Henry VIII and mother of Queen Elizabeth I. He is also related to Pierce Butler, signatory to the U.S Declaration of Independence and the American Constitution, both U.S. Presidents Bush, and HM Queen Elizabeth II of England.
bio by Charles Butler
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Prentiss, Mississippi, United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Roll T625_891.
Robert B Butler, born abt 1883, MS, Lambert, Prentiss, Mississippi
Robert B Butler, M age 37,b. MS, Farm Labor; Osie Butler, F age 34, b. MS; Velma M Butler, F, age 13, b. MS; Dexter C Butler, M age 11, b. MS; Nolen R Butler, M age 9, b. MS; Harold Butler, M age 7, b. MS; Loid P Butler, M. age 6, b. MS; Jaames W Butler, M age 4-1/12, b. MS; Cleon Butler, M age 1-1/12, b. MS
- ↑ Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 United States. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M1509).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Find A Grave.
- There was no 1930 Census record found for the family. It is believed the family was in transition from Texas to Oklahoma during the time the census was taken and may not have been counted.