Ragnvald Eysteinsson "The Wise" , of More
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Rognvald "The Wise" Eysteinsson (son of Eystein Ivarsson) is the founder of the Earldom of Orkney in the Norse Sagas. Three quite different accounts of the creation of the Norse earldom on Orkney and Shetland exist. The best known is that found in the Heimskringla, but other older traditions are found in the Historia Norvegiae and the Fragmentary Annals of Ireland.
- Rognvald Eysteinsson, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- (SoN)Story of the Normans. (Sarah Orne Jewett; New York: Putnam Press, 1888), p.32.
- The Viking Age, Gen. Hist. 19, v. 1, p. 372, v. 2, p. 262-63, 462-64.
- Plantagenet Ancestry, Eng. 116, p. 6.
- Norsk Biografisk Leksikon, Norw. 10, v. 11, p. 272-73.
- Keiser und Koenig Hist., Gen. Hist. 25, pt 1, p. 100-01.
- France 5, p. 15-24.
- RAGNVALD "the Wise", son of [EYSTEIN "Glumra/Clatterer" Jarl in Norway & his wife ---] (-), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Ragnhild Hrolfsson was the 5th wife of Rognvald. His other 4 are unknown