m. est 1575
- John Busbyest 1580 - aft 1615
- Nicholas Busbyest 1582 - 1657
Facts and Events
||24 Jun 1605
||Norwich, Norfolk, EnglandSt. Mary's Coslany
to Bridget Cocke
||Norwich, Norfolk, EnglandWeaver
||Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United StatesSelectman
||28 Aug 1657
||Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
- ↑ Frost, Josephine C. Ancestors of Evelyn Wood Keeler, wife of Willard Underhill Taylor. (Brooklyn, N.Y.: unknown, 1939, 638 pgs.), page 29, 1939.
- Miscellaneous Notes, in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), 66:87, 1912.
‘Busby.—St. Mary Caslany, Norwich, June 24, 1605, Nicholas Busbye and Bridgett Cocke (Phillimore’s Norfolk Mar., vol. 3, p. 5).
Nicholas Busby of Watertown came from Norwich in 1637, aged 50, with wife Bridget, aged 53, and four children (Savage’s Gen. Dict.).’
- Abstracts of Early Wills, in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), 8:278-79, 1854.
abstract of Nicholas's will
- ↑ The Founders of New England, in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), 14:325, 1860.
' “Aprill 8th 1637. The examinaction of Nicho: Busbie of Norwich in Norff. weauer, aged 50 yeares and Bridgett his wife aged 53 yeares with 4 children, Nicho: John: Abraham: and Sarath: are desirous to goe to boston in New England to inhabit.’
- ↑ Bush, Richard L. The English Ancestry of William and Anne (Busby) Nickerson of Chatham, Massachusetts, and of Nicholas and Bridget (Cocke) Busby of Boston. American Genealogist (D.L. Jacobus). (Oct 2011 (published May 2013)), 85:251.
'Nicholas Busby ... was born probably in or near Claxton, Norfolk, England, say 1582 [estimate from Prindle, Crosby Ancestors, 1:6], son of Nicholas Busby; he died at Boston, Massachusetts, on 28 6th month [August] 1657 [citing Boston Births, Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, 1630-1699, Boston Record Commissioners' Report, 9(Boston, 1883):61].'
- Nickerson family, in Smith, William Christopher. A history of Chatham, Massachusetts: formerly the constablewick or village of Monomoit : with maps and illustrations and numerous genealogical notes. (Hyannis, Mass.: F.B. & F.P. Goss, 1909).
- ↑ Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States. Births, Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, 1630-1699 (A Report of the Record Commissioners). (Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States: Rockwell and Churchill, City Printers, 1883), p. 61.
Nicholas Busby died 28th - 6th month.
[Note: In old-styles dates, the sixth month is August. More info may be found here.]
Help fund new features!