b.16 Dec 1789
d.17 May 1849
Facts and Events
||16 Dec 1789
||16 Sep 1803
||Henry, Kentucky, United Statesto James Tracy
||Johnson, Indiana, United States
||7 Aug 1840
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statesto Joseph Reese
||11 Aug 1841
||Johnson, Indiana, United Stateswith husband Joseph Reese, petition for support of children
||10 Nov 1841
||Johnson, Indiana, United StatesAppointment as executrix of first husband's will revoked as no longer resident in county
||25 Feb 1842
||Franklin, Johnson, Indiana, United Stateswith 2nd husband Joseph Reese, gave town lot to children Mary and Matthew Tracy
||17 May 1849
||17 May 1849
||Johnson, Indiana, United StatesSon-in-law Alexander Webb appointed administrator of estate
||Greenwood Cemetery, Greenwood, Johnson, Indiana, United States
- ↑ Vol. J, Mar 1842-Jan 1849, in Deed Records, Johnson County, Indiana, p. 1.
Indenture 25 Feb 1842
Between Joseph and Mary Reese his wife of Boon County, IN
In Consideration of the Natural love and affection Which they bear to Mary Tracy and Matthew Tracy as for the better maintenance and support of Mary Tracy and Mathew Tracy give, grant, convey & confirm
Lot no. 7 on Jefferson Street in Addition #4 to the Town of Franklin, Johnson County, IN
Signed Joseph Reese, Mary x her mark Reese
Witness Elisha Riley, Jno S. Hamilton JP of Boone County
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Probate Order Books , in Holmes, Maurice; Indiana. Probate Court (Johnson County); and Indiana. Circuit Court (Johnson County). Court records of Johnson County, Indiana, 1823-1853. (1982), Record Book B, Secondary quality.
p. 192 – Joseph and Mary Reese petition court for an allowance for keeping Josiah H., Mary Jane and Matthew Tracy. John Tracy mentioned as guardian. 11 Aug 1841.
p. 211 – appointment of Mary Tracy (now wife of Joseph Rees) as executrix of the will of James Tracy decd revoked as Joseph and Mary had removed from the county. 10 Nov 1841.
- ↑ Probate Order Book C, in Holmes, Maurice; Indiana. Probate Court (Johnson County); and Indiana. Circuit Court (Johnson County). Court records of Johnson County, Indiana, 1823-1853. (1982), Secondary quality.
p. 310 – Alexander Webb appointed administrator of estate of Mary Reese decd by court in vacation . 17 May 1849.
p. 577 – Alexander Webb admin VS John Tracy et al in a chancery suit. Entry stated that the adm. Should collect and account for the balance of the decree in the Probate Court in favor of Mary Reese and Joseph Reese against the summary minor heirs of James Tracy. At the bottom of the entry were listed: Alexander Webb, John R. Carver, John Tracy, John W. Webb, Nathaniel Tracy, Charles Johnson, Joel R. Pierse, Mathew J. Tracy and John Tracy the gdn of Mathew Tracy. 14 Nov 1851.
p. 26 – Final settlement of estate of Mary Reese decd. Ten heirs mentioned, only wife of Alexander Webb named. May 1852
- ↑ Mathew J. Tracy, in Banta, D. D. (David Demaree). History of Johnson County, Indiana: from the earliest time to the present, with biographical sketches, notes, etc., together with a short history of the northwest, the Indiana territory, and the State of Indiana. (Chicago, Illinois, United States: Brant & Fuller, 1888), Accessed 27 Feb 2009, Secondary quality.
MATHEW J. TRACY, . . . was the son of James and Mary (Tanner) Tracy, both of whom were natives of North Carolina. . . . His mother was born December 31, 1788, and was the daughter of Josiah and Martha (Wooten) Tanner, who were both natives of Virginia. . . . The father and mother of our subject were married in the State of Ken-tucky, in 1805. They removed from Henry County, Ky., to Johnson County, Ind., in 1827, and became early settlers of Pleasant Township. They located on a farm five miles north of Franklin, where the father died February 14, 1833, and where the subject of this sketch was born, and where his early boyhood was spent. . . . The mother of our subject died in Franklin Township in 1848.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Mary Tanner Tracy, in Find A Grave, Secondary quality.
Mary Tanner Tracy
Birth: Dec. 16, 1789
Death: May 28, 1848
Burial: Greenwood Cemetery, Greenwood, Johnson County, Indiana, USA
- ↑ Johnson, Indiana, United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Mary Tracy, 1 male 5-10, 1 male 10-15, 1 male 20-30, 1 male 30-40, 1 female 5-10, 1 female 20-30, 1 female 40-50
- ↑ South Carolina, Tanner, Josiah, in United States. Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Application Files. (Washington D.C.), Family Record.
Help fund new features!