- F. Robert Matthews (add)
- M. Alice (add)
- Marylin Morris Matthews1926 - 2002
Facts and Events
Though dedicated to saving animals, incongruously, Tee (a model in her youth who then became a photographer of wild game) was an avid collector of taxidermied creatures.S5
Tee Matthews and Bobbie Chambliss of Winter Haven, Florida. take time out to feed the gulls.
Tee leaving the Stork Club, a fashionable nightclub in New York City from 1929 to 1965.
Tee Matthews was a model for the "Powers" modeling agency--she sports bathing suit styles from 1944.
Tee demonstrates a tricky kind of beach wear. (1st of 4)
Tee steps into the swimsuit and fastens the drawstring around her neck. (2nd of 4)
The long back piece of the suit is pulled forward like a baby's diaper and tied snugly around the waist. (3rd of 4)
The final suit looks like this. Claire McCardell created simple and fresh American sportswear and made it popular. (4th of 4)
Tee Matthews, a 1944 beach beauty, in a one strap suit designed by Tina Leser.
Tee Matthews sports bathing suit styles from 1944.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Marilyn Matthews Miller, in Wikipedia: Charles Addams, 15 July 2010, Questionable quality.
"[Charles] married his third and last wife, Marilyn Matthews Miller, best known as "Tee" (1926–2002), in a pet cemetery."
- ↑ Marilyn Matthews Miller, in Charles Addams (NNDB), Secondary quality.
"Wife: Marilyn Matthews Miller (m. 1980)"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Marylin Morris Matthews, in Webb Family Tree (Ancestry.com), 29 July 2010, Questionable quality.
Marylin Morris Matthews
Birth: Dec.24,1926 in Lakeland,Florida
Death: Nov. 28,2002 in Sagaponack, Suffolk, New York, United States of America
- ↑ Squidoo: Who is Charles Addams, 29 July 2010, Questionable quality.
"Tee died in 2002. Their estate, 'The Swamp', is now home to the Tee and Charles Addams foundation."
- Tee Addams, in Dawn Watson. It's a Museum, a Real Screa-um: The Addams Family house. (The East Hampton Press & The Southampton Press), 15 April 2010, Secondary quality.
"There are some unusual things at the house, namely Ms. Addams’s impressive collection of stuffed and mounted wildlife. Though dedicated to saving animals, incongruously, she (a model in her youth who then became a photographer of wild game) was an avid collector of taxidermied creatures. There is also the pet cemetery in the front yard—the final resting place of beloved pets Poppy, Willie, Liletee and Nudawg—the unlikely location where the couple held their wedding ceremony in 1980 and where it is rumored that Mr. Addams’s cremated remains are buried."
- Marilyn Addams, in Colyton&dq=Lady Colyton&hl=en&ei=9x5XTPOaIsO78gaIjv2WBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CEoQ6AEwBw Annual Report (Google Books), Page 27, 2003, Questionable quality.
"Drawings by Charles Addams were donated to the Library by The Lady Colyton and Marilyn Addams. Their care and exhibition are supported by an endowment established through a gift from The Lady Colyton."
Help fund new features!