Facts and Events
Mahaska County (Oskaloosa), Iowa, 1910 census:S5
- Leathers, M. A. Head 69 yrs b. Ohio (father, b. Pennsylvania; mother, b. Ohio) Widow
- Wheeler, J. A. son/law 46 yrs b. Wisconsin (parents, b. New York) Traveling sales (Confections)
- Adda M. dau 46 yrs b. Iowa (father, b. Indiana; mother, b. Ohio) Marr. 18 yrs
- Myers, Cordelia gr/dau 15 yrs b. Kansas (parents, b. Iowa)
Mahaska County (Oskaloosa), Iowa, 1915 state census:S6
- Oskaloosa, 5th Ward (card #9833)
- Leathers, Margaret A. 74 yrs b. Ohio Widow Owns home ($3,600) Christian Church Completed high school (Father, b. Pennsylvania; mother, b. Ohio)
Mahaska County (Oskaloosa), Iowa, 1925 state census:S7
- line 91: Leathers, Margaret Head 84 yrs Owns Home Rural School b. Ohio (father: Peter Mattox, b. Ohio; mother: Elizabeth Smith, b. Ohio; marr. Ohio) Christian Church
- line 92: Wheeler, John A. Lodger 62 yrs 10th grade b. Wisconsin (father: Isaac Wheeler, b. New York; mother: Sarah Vincent, b. Pennsylvania; marr. Milwaukee) Christian Church
- line 93: Wheeler, Adda M. Wife 60 yrs 11th Grade b. Iowa (father: Henry Leathers, b. Indiana; mother Margaret Mattox, b. Ohio; marr. Oskaloosa) Christian Church
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Iowa Death Certificate no. 68-673..
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Cordelia (Myers) Smith, Family History Notes.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Grave marker, Forest Cemetery, Oskaloosa, Mahaska, Iowa, United States.
- The History of Mahaska County, Iowa: containing a history of the county, its cities, towns, &c., a biographical directory of citizens, war record of its volunteers in the late rebellion, general and local statistics, portraits of early settlers and prominent men, history of the Northwest, history of Iowa, map of Mahaska County, Constitution of the United States, miscellaneous matters, etc. (Des Moines: Union Historical Co., 1878), pp. 700-1.
Member of Christian Church
- Mahaska County, Iowa. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule, ED 80, p. 6A, house/family 301/448.
- Mahaska, Iowa, United States. 1915 Iowa State Census, Mahaska County, Card # 9833.
- Mahaska, Iowa, United States. 1925 Iowa State Census, [no page no.].
- Oskaloosa, Mahaska, Iowa, United States. Oskaloosa Daily Herald. (Oskaloosa, Iowa), 8 January 1929.
LEATHERS. --- Mrs. Margaret A. Leathers, widow of the late J. H. Leathers, died at her home, 301 North C Street, at 2:30 o'clock Monday afternoon, January 7, 1929, aged 88 years. Mrs. Leathers has been ill with pneumonia and complications. Funeral arrangements are pending, awaiting the arrival of the granddaughter, Mrs. Cordelia Myers Smith, from California.
- Oskaloosa, Mahaska, Iowa, United States. Oskaloosa Daily Herald. (Oskaloosa, Iowa), 10 January 1929.
LEATHERS. --- Funeral service of the late Mrs. Margaret A. Leathers will be held Monday, January 14, at the Cheesman Funeral Home. Interment in Forest cemetery. Rev. S. H. Zendt of Galesburg, Ill., will have charge.
- Docket Bk 13, in Mahaska, Iowa, United States. Probates, p. 306 (Box 16 #18).
Date of notice: __ Feb 1929
J.A. Wheeler, Exec.
Will Book G, p. 367
Inventory, Book 22, pp. 195-97