Facts and Events
LUCY BUTT was born in 1878 at Ontario, Canada. Her family emigrated from Canada to the US in 1890, when she was twelve. Brother Charles listed 1890 as the year he entered the US. She appeared on the census of 1894 at Bay County, Michigan. She is listed as "Sussie."
She married FRED VIET, son of JOHN VIET and GEORGIANA BOUEHER, after 1895.
The Van Stone family had a history of Huntington's chorea (see The Van Stone Family Curse). Lucy's mother Mary was choreic in 1893, at age 35. Mary's illness likely had an extremely negative effect on Lucy's sister Caroline. This lead to family scandal as described in The Importance of Being Ernest.
Lucy didn't escape the family curse. She died of Huntington's chorea on 6 Nov 1930 at Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan. Her son Johnson also died of chorea, fortunately the last victim in this line.
- ↑ Madeline Hyde Kowalsky. Hyde/Butt Family Records. (Family Records, 2000), Secondary quality.
- ↑ Derek Topping. Butt GED Topping. (GED File, Downloaded in 2001), Says 1877, Secondary quality.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 In the matter of the estate of Ernest Butt , Late of the City of Windsor, In the County of Essex, Widower, Deceased: between Lemoyne Darlene S. (Supreme Court of Ontario, 20 April 1988), Page 40 says 1878., Primary quality.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 1894 Michigan State Census: Charles Butt Household. (Online Database), Primary quality.
- ↑ United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T623), 1910, Primary quality.
1910; Census Place: Detroit Ward 9, Wayne, Michigan;
Roll: T624_683; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 0128; Image: 1022; FHL Number: 1374696.
Viet Family Entry
- ↑ of Huntington's chorea
- ↑ She is listed as "Sussie".