- H. Leonard Scott1898 - 1961
- W. Mary Bowen (add)
Facts and Events
||George Leonard Scott
||15 Dec 1898
||St. John, Putnam, Missouri, United States
||Putnam, Missouri, United StatesYork Township
||Roseberry, Boise, Idaho, United States
||Emmett, Gem, Idaho, United Statesvisiting sister and brother-in-law and working in Long Valley
||Valley, Idaho, United StatesRoseberry Precinct
||Emmett, Gem, Idaho, United States
||6 Nov 1942
||Emmett, Gem, Idaho, United Statesmentioned in half-brother's obituary
||1 May 1961
||Boise, Ada, Idaho, United States
||4 May 1961
||Nampa, Canyon, Idaho, United States Kohlerlawn Cemetery
There are 23 vital records available on MyHeritage for Leonard Scott, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Leonard Scott
Served in World War I. He had a girl friend before he went to war, but she married someone else before he came home. He stayed in Europe after the war, reburying soldiers from graves to cemeteries.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Effie Scott Mayer, Children of David Garrett Scott and Cynthia Ann Leeper, in Scott Family Letters, Secondary quality.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 York Township, Putnam County; FHL #1240884, in United States. Census Office. 12th census, 1900. Missouri, 1900 federal census : soundex and population schedules. (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 19--?), HH 43, Family 43, Primary quality.
Scott, G. H., white male, born Aug. 1857, age 48, married 8 years, born Pennsylvania, father born Delaware, mother born Maryland, farmer, able to read, write, speak English, owns farm with mortgage
, [Cyn]tha A., wife, March 1867, age 33, married 8 years, 3 children (3 living), born Missouri, both parents born Indiana, able to read, write, speak English
, Effie L., daughter, Nov. 187, age 12, born Missouri, at school, able to read, write, speak English
, Lizzie J., daughter, July 189, age 7, born Missouri, at school, able to read, write, speak English
, Leonard G., son, Dec. 1898, age 1, born Missouri
- ↑ Rosebery Town, Boise County; FHL #1374235, in United States. Bureau of the Census. 13th census, 1910. Idaho, 1910 federal census : population schedules. (Washington [District of Columbia]: The National Archives, 19--?), HH 64, Family 65, Primary quality.
Scott, David G., head, white male, age 58, second marriage for 19 years, born Pennsylvania, father born Pennsylvania, mother born Maryland, salesman in general store, self-employed, able to read and write, owns house free of mtg.
, Annie, wife, white female age 43, married once for 19 years, 2 children - both living, born Missouri, father born Indiana, mother born Indiana, able to read and write
, Effie L., daughter, age 22, single, born Missouri, father born Pennsylvania, mother born Indiana, teacher, school, wage worker, able to read and write
, Asa, son, age 21, single, born Missouri, father born Pennsylvania, mother born Indiana, farm hand, odd job, wage worker, able to read and write
, Lizzie, daughter, age 18, single, born Missouri, father born Pennsylvania, mother born Missouri, able to read and write
, Leonard G., son, age 11, born Missouri, father born Pennsylvania, mother born Missouri, able to read and write, attending school
- ↑ Payette Lake Star (McCall, Valley, Idaho, United States), Friday, 8 March 1918.
D. W. Hon and Leonard Scott of Emmett and J. Bennett of Norwood are helping J. H. Ellis get out cord wood preparatory to shipping
Leonard Scott is visiting a few days with Ed Mayer.
- ↑ Roseberry Precinct, Valley County; FHL #1820294 , HH 124, Family 126, Primary quality.
Moore, Henry P., owns farm with mtg., age 42, farmer on general farm; with wife Josaphine, age 36, hotel keeper; son Raymond (17), son Elsworth (14), daughter Hazel (13), son Alvin (11)
Scott, George L., boarder, white male, age 21, single, able to read and write, born Missouri, father born Delaware, mother born Missouri, barber in own shop, self-employed
Armstrong, Herbrt E., boarder, age 36, cashier in bank
Percell, Ruth M., boarder, age 25, public school teacher
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Emmett, Gem, Idaho, in United States. 1930 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T626), HH 18, Fam 19, Primary quality.
503 Washington Street
Scott, Anna, head, owns house worth $2000, no radio, white female, 63, widowed, first marriage age 24, able to read and write, b. MO, both parents b. IN, speaks English, retired
, Elizabeth, daughter, white female, 27, single, able to read and write, b. MO, fa b. PA, mo b. MI, speaks English, cook in restaurant
, Leonard, son, white male, age 31, single, able to read and write, b. MO, fa b. PA, mo b. MO, laborer on farm, vet in WW
- ↑ The Kuna Herald (Kuna, Ada, Idaho, United States), November 6, 1942.
BURTON SCOTT PASSES FOLLOWING LONG ILLNESS
Burton Scott passed away at his home in Kuna Saturday following a long illness. . . .
Surviving Mr. Scott, besides his widow, are one son, Burton Ellis and one grandson, Robert Melvin Scott of Ca[s]cade, Idaho; three brothers, G. K. of Cascade, Leonard Scott of Emmett, Idaho, and Asa R. Scott of Yreka, California; two sisters, Effie S. Mayer of Portland, Oregon and Elizabeth Scott of Emmett, Idaho and his step-mother, Mrs. Annie Scott of Emmett, Idaho.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Effie Scott Mayer, note, n.d., in Scott Family Letters, Secondary quality.
George Leonard Scott died May 1st, 1961, at Veterans Hosp., Boise, Idaho. Lived in Nampa, buried in Kohlerlawn at Nampa, Idaho.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 George Leonard Scott, in Scott Family Obituaries, Secondary quality.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Nampa Interment and Genealogy Site, Secondary quality.
George Leonard Scott
Section R Lot 750 Space 6
Date of Interment 05/04/1961 [4 May 1961]
Date of Birth 12/15/1898 [15 Dec 1898]
Date of Death 05/01/1961 [[1 May 1961]
Undertaker Shepherd Mortuary
MILITARY BRANCH ARMY
SERVED IN WAR WORLD WAR I
- ↑ Although Leonard was named George Leonard Scott, he seldom used the name George, going by the name Leonard, and frequently by the nickname Scotty.
- ↑ Reece Mayer, May 1997