Facts and Events
||5 November 1882
||Surbiton, Surrey, England3.30pm, at 8 Shalston Villas
||18 July 1883
||Surbiton, Surrey, EnglandChristchurch
||4 April 1914
||Wandsworth, London, EnglandRegistry Office
to James Denton Barker
||Birkenhead, Cheshire, EnglandBeechwood, Mount Pleasant, Oxton
||17 September 1963
||Leeds, Yorkshire, England
Katheen Munday was the second daughter of John Hill Munday, who was a partner in a firm of solicitors in London. They lived at The Mendips, Surbiton, Surrey. She was educated at Cheltenham Ladies College, but like most middle class women of her generation did not receive a higher education, nor did she seek employment after finishing school. She was a very accomplished wood carver and artist and received a medal for her fine work (see photographs). She met James Denton Barker when she was on holiday at Ilkley and they married just before the outbreak of the first World War.
Nora, Ralph, Kathleen, and Virginia in about 1939.
- ↑ Munday family tree.
- ↑ General Register Office, Birth Certificate.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 John Hill Munday Family bible.
- ↑ Letter from brother Ralph Munday held by family member.
- ↑ England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index, 1837-1915.
- Probate: Barker Kathleen of Laurel Bank, Templar lane, Stanks, Leeds widow died 17 September 1963 at The Grand Infirmary, Leeds. Probate Wakefield 14 November to Virginia Kathleen Denton Grebenik (wife of Eugene Grebenik) and D. McCandlish Bell solicitor. (pounds)29,594.8s. (S5)
Help fund new features!