Justice John Jackson, III
d.12 Jan 1784
Facts and Events
Note by Frank M. Jackson: "John III is identified as the son of John Jackson II in the latter's will dated 27 Feb 1738. Known as The Justice, John (of Jerusalem) died intestate. Letters of Admin. to widow, Keziah, 13 June 1784, Vol. 2, pg 115, NYC."
The book "Jones Family of Long Island", pg 355, states that Justice John died intestate 12 Jan 1773 and Letters of Administration given to his widow, Keziah 14 June 1784. It appears that the 1773 year was probably a typo. The Jones book also on pg. 133 states that "Obadiah was the eldest son of Justice John Jackson, son of the 2d Colonel John, who was a brother of Phebe, wife of William Jones. He m. Almy, dau. of Jacob Seaman, and lived at Jerusalem South, near the old mill where his father lived.
- ↑ Frank M. Jackson research and family records, "Ancestors of Frank M. Jackson".
- Jones, John Henry. The Jones family of Long Island: descendants of Major Thomas Jones (1665-1726) and allied families. (Tobias A. Wright, 1907), pg .
"Justice John died intestate 12 Jan 1773 and Letters of Administration given to his widow, Keziah 14 June 1784." It appears that the 1773 year was probably a typo.
- ↑ Rootsweb chart of Rod Davis: Genealogy, et Cetera wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi op GET db dav4is.
- Bunker, Mary Powell. Long Island Genealogies. (Albany, New York, United States: Joel Munsell's Sons, 1895), 220.
- Email from Rebecca Walch.