Facts and Events
||James Denton Barker
||18 July 1876
||Liverpool, Lancashire, England10 Falkner Street
||Liverpool, Lancashire, England44 Orell Park
||Aintree, Lancashire, EnglandWarwreck College
||Liverpool, Lancashire, EnglandAverage Adjuster (11 Rumford Street)
||4 April 1914
||Wandsworth, London, EnglandRegistry Office
to Kathleen Munday
||30 September 1958
||St Albans, Hertfordshire, England
James was born at 10 Falkner Street, Liverpool, in 1876. In 1881 (aged four), he was living at 44 Orell Park with his father, mother, his younger brothers Charles F. S., Thomas P. C., and Francis D. M., and two great-aunts, Mary Denton (age 72)[Is this Mary Hezelwood?] and Isabella Hazlewood (age 72).
In 1891 the family had expanded to include three more brothers, William D. H., Jonathan Tong, and Henry B. R.
He married Kathleen Munday in Wandsorth (second quarter) 1914.
Later, they lived at 26 Devonshire Road, Birkenhead, with his wife Kathleen and their family (Bertam Mead, Ralph Munday and Virginia).
He worked as an average adjuster for nearly 50 years with Messrs. Henry M.Loftus and Son and retired in 1950. In 1925 he was the Chairman of the Association of Average Adjusters (presided over the annual dinner at the Princes Hotel, Piccadilly, 8 May 1925.)
James died on 30 September 1958, at 23 Lemsford Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire. At this time, they were living at 47 West Way, Harpenden. Kathleen died five years later.
10 Falkner Street, Liverpool.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Peter (and Kate?) Grebenik. A biography of Virginia Grebenik. (Unpublished manuscript).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Certificate of birth of James Denton Barker.
Registration District: Liverpool
1876. Birth in the sub-district of Mount Pleasant in the County of Lancaster
||When and where born
||Name, if any
||Name and surname of father
||Name, surname and maiden name of mother
||Occupation of father
||Signature, description and residence of informant
||Signature of registrar
||Name entered after registration
||Eighteenth July 1876|
10 Falkner Street
||Thomas Henry Barker
||Mary Ellen Barker formerly Mouldsdale
||J. H. Barker Falkner Street
||Twenty First August 1876
||John S. Shaw Deputy Registrar
This material is covered by Crown copyright and is published here in accordance with the copyright guidance
note regarding the copying of BMD certificates
issued by the National Archives, which states that "copyright in the layout of certificates is owned by the Crown. The Crown does not assert any rights of ownership in the contents of the forms."
and that users (i.e. WeRelate, in this case) "are authorised to reproduce the layout of the form in any format including on the web, in films and in print."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 General Register Office. Public Record Office (PRO) RG 11 General Register Office: 1881 Census Schedules. (The National Archives).
Class: RG11; Piece: 3688; Folio: 55; Page: 37; GSU roll 1341883
- ↑ General Register Office. The National Archives (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO) RG 12 General Register Office: 1891 Census Schedules.
Class: RG12; Piece: 2976; Folio: 15; Page: 26; GSU roll: 6098086
- ↑ Wandsworth, in General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Marriage Index. (London, United Kingdom: General Register Office, 1837-Present), Vol 1d, Page 1248, June 1914.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 England and Wales. England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858 onwards.
Probate: Barker James Denton of 47 West Way Harpenden Hertfordshire died 30 September 1958 at 23 Lemsford Road St Albans Hertfordshire Probate London 22 January to Ronald George Taylor and Douglas James Walker solicitors Effects £7011 8s. 3d.
- ↑ Papers held by User:juliadb.