d.11 AUG 1888
Facts and Events
- Transcript:Land Grant Issac Willis, South Fork Powells River Lee County VA, 1854
- Person:Zachariah Wells (1)
- Willis, Isaac. grantee, 1 November 1854. Lee County, 275 acres on waters of south fork of Powell’s River. Identifies Zachariah Willis as an adjoinging neighbor.
From Geneforum Discussion
- John B. Welles, 1998: "Zachariah Wells was listed in the 1772 tax list for Fincastle County, VA as an employee of William Herbert. Herbert was a native of Bristol, England, who operated a ferry, a mine, and several farms in Fincastle, Botetourt, and Washington Counties, VA. This Zachariah Welles seems to be the same man who later moved to Wilkes County, NC, and on to Lee County, "
- T. Hasty, 1999: "...Zachariah Wells. Lee county Va. tax list for 1810 lists a Zachariah Wells Sr., so I'm assuming there are more than one. It also lists a John Willis. In the 1830 census for Lee Co. there is a Zachariah Wells (no SR listed) and a Zachariah Willis."
- Willis, Isaac. grantee. Land grant 1 November 1854 Lee County. 275 acres on waters of south fork of Powell’s River. Identifies Zacariah Welles/Willis as adjacent land owner of Isaac Willis.
Help fund new features!