Facts and Events
Guy Smith was a farmer and deeded land (67/100 acre) to the Methodist Episcopal Church at Kanes Creek on 9/13/1918. Trustees of the "Kanes Creek Chapel" were J. A. Smith, C. E. Shaffer, S. B. White, N. M. Whetsell, and W. J. Field. He is buried in the Bethlehem Cemetery. He was named after Guy R. C. Allen, a prominent Monongalia surveyor of the time. He signed his name: Guy Allen Smith.