Count Geoffroy , of Brionne and Eu
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Geoffrey of Brionne (962 - ), also called Godfrey was Count of Eu and Brionne in the late tenth and early eleventh centuries.
- Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), Vol. 3, p.242.
- Altschul, Michael. A baronial family in medieval England: the Clares, 1217-1314. (Baltimore [Maryland]: John Hopkins Press, 1965).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 GEOFFROY de Brionne, illegitimate son of RICHARD I Duke of Normandy & his mistress (-), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- http://sbaldw.home.mindspring.com/hproject/prov/richa000.htm Richard I "Sans Peur" ("the Fearless")], in Baldwin, Stewart, and Todd Farmerie. The Henry Project (King Henry II ): Ancestors of King Henry II.