- H. Francis Hall1614/15 - 1689/90
- W. Dorothy Smithbet 1633 and 1635 - bef 1706
m. Oct 1665
Facts and Events
||5 Feb 1614/15
||Bulkington, Warwickshire, England
||New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut, United States
||Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
||Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut, United Statesto Dorothy Smith
||6 May 1686
||5 Mar 1689/90
||Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut, United States (probably)(recorded at Fairfield)
||14 Mar 1689/90
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Francis Hall, in Jacobus, Donald Lines. History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield. (New Haven, Conn.: The Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Company, 1930-1932), 1:249-50.
Hall, Francis. Deputy for Stratford, May 1661, May 1676, Oct. 1677, Oct. 1678, May and Oct. 1679, May and Oct. 1680, May 1685. An original signer of New Haven Covenant, 4 June 1639. Had three in family 1641. Brought John and Thomas Whitehead from England, nephews of Thomas Alcott in "the Bay" [Mass.] and of Mr. Alcott of Roxbury. Bought land from Thomas Fugill which he sold to John Meigs, 1649, and rem. to Stratford. He purchased land in Fairfield in 1654, and in 1659 in Stratford. On 12 Apr. 1654, being then of Stratford, he purchased with his wife Elizabeth, land in Fairfield from Thomas Wheeler, yeoman. … Will of Francis "of Stratford" 6 May 1686, proved 14 Mar. 1689 [1689/90]; wife, referring to her last husband John Blackman; sons Isaac, Samuel; daus. Mary, Elizabeth, Rebecca, Hannah.
- Francis Hall, in Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register. (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862), 2:333.
Francis (Hall), New Haven 1639, was at Stratford after 1648, and 1657 adm. freem. of Conn. jurisdict. had Isaac, and Samuel. At Fairfield he had large est. but d. early in 1690 at S. He brot. from Eng. w. Eliz. and took 31 Oct. 1665, sec. w. Dorothy, wid. of John Blakeman, d. of Rev. Henry Smith, bear. off the prize against the counter claims of John Thomas, encourag. by the wid. some mos. bef. and he left four ds. Mary, Eliz. Rebecca, and Hannah; but none by her. Hannah m. Joseph Blakeman. The wid. had third h. Mark Sension of Norwalk, who d. 1693; and for her fourth h. took deac. Isaac Moore of Farmington.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hall, Howard J. English Origins of Francis(1) Hall of Stratfield, CT. Connecticut Ancestry. (Aug 2008), 51:27.
Francis1 Hall, baptized Bulkington, Warwickshire, England, 5 Feb 1614/5, son of Edward and Elizabeth (Kimberly) Hall, died prob. in Stratford, CT (recorded Fairfield), 5 Mar 1689/90.