Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Edgar the Peaceful, or Edgar I (; c. 7 August 943 – 8 July 975), also called the Peaceable, was a king of England (r. 959–75). Edgar was the younger son of Edmund I.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Edgar the Peaceful, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- Anglo-Saxon Bishops, Kings & Nobles, Eng. 104, p. 346-47.
- The Royal Line of Sucession, A16A225, p. 7.
- Hist. of the Anglo-Saxons, Eng. 36, v. 2, p. 222-30, 260-77.
- Plantagenet Ancestry, Eng. 116, p. 21.
- Burke's Peerage, Eng. p, 1949, preface p. 251.
- George's Gen. Tab., Eng. 102, Tab. 1.
- Keiser und Koenig Hist., Gen. Hist. 25, pt 1, p. 96-97.
- Anderson's Royal Gen., eng. 132, p. 740.
- Betham's Tab., Eng. 133, Tab. 601, 602.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 OneWorldTree. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: MyFamily.com, Inc.).
- ↑ Eadgar 'the Peaceful', King of England, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- EDGAR, son of EDMUND King of Wessex & his first wife Ælfgifu --- (-Winchester 8 Jul 975, bur Glastonbury Abbey), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Eadgar, in Baldwin, Stewart, and Todd Farmerie. The Henry Project (King Henry II ): Ancestors of King Henry II.