d.16 Feb 1852
Facts and Events
||Ohio, United States
||12 May 1831
||Shelby, Indiana, United Statesto Martha Jane Reese
||Johnson, Indiana, United States
||12 Aug 1845
||Johnson, Indiana, United Statesnamed heir of father
||Boone, Indiana, United Statesnamed in father-in-law's probate
||Johnson, Indiana, United States
||16 Feb 1852
||Franklin, Johnson, Indiana, United StatesSecond Mount Pleasant Cemetery
- ↑ Johnson, Indiana, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Cornelius McDermed, 1 male 5-10 [Martin], 1 male 30-40 [Cornelius]; 1 female under 5 [Levonia], 1 female 5-10 [Nancy Jane], 1 female 30-40 [Martha]
- ↑ Probate Order Book, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Probate records 1830-1925. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol E, pp. 248-9, p. 273; FHL #1320127, Primary quality.
May term 1849
James S. Hamilton admr Deb. non vs William Reese, Cornelius McDermot & Martha his wife, Jonathan Goff & Matilda his wife, Alfred McKinzie & wife, Robert C. Dunn & Jane his wife, Granville Reese, Joseph Reese, Cristena Reese, Benjamin Reese, Lydia E. McDermot, Sarah A. McDermot & Mary J his wife, Mary Jane Reese
Petition on final settlement to ascertain advancements to defts
Comes now the said James S. Hamilton administrator deboris non of said Estate, and the defendants to wit . . . . Cornelius McDermot who intermarried with Patsy Reese, . . . . And it appearing to the court now here from the proofs and allegations that said defendants are heirs at law of said Joseph Reese deceased and it also further appearing to the court from the evidence adduced upon the examination of witnesses that . . . said Cornelius McDermot, Edward McDermot, Jonathan Goff, Alfred McKinsey and Robert C. Dunn had each received by way of advancement in the lifetime of said decd the sum of one hundred and seventeen dollars ($117.00)
Augt 14th, 2nd day, August Term 1849
In the Matter of the Estate of Joseph Reese decd
on final settlement
Comes now Jas S. Hamilton admr Deb. non of the Estate of said Dec'd and files receipts from the following heirs of said decd for their Distributive Share's in said Estate To wit
One from C McDurmid & wife for 54.12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Franklin Township, Johnson, Indiana; FHL #0442934, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 93, HH 409, Family 409, Primary quality.
McDermed, Cornelius, age 45, male, farmer, RE = $3,500, b. OH
, Martha, 40, female, b. IN
, Nancy Jane, 18, female, b. IN
, Martin, 15, male, farmer, b. IN
, Levonia Ann, 12, female, b. IN
, Martha Ellen, 7, female, b. IN
, Joseph, 5, male, b. IN
, Harriet, 2, female, b. IN
Hiat, Charles W., 19, male, farmer, b. OH
McDermed, Elizabeth, 38, female, b. OH
- ↑ Probate Order Books, in Holmes, Maurice; Indiana. Probate Court (Johnson County); and Indiana. Circuit Court (Johnson County). Court records of Johnson County, Indiana, 1823-1853. (1982), Record Book B; FHL #977.2515 P2c, Secondary quality.
p. 470 – On their petition Edward McDermed appted guardian of Silas and William McDermed, minor heirs of Silas McDermed decd with Samuel Lambertson and David Allen as his securities. 1 Aug 1845
p. 478 – Edward McDermed, guardian of Silas and William McDermed, minor heirs of Silas McDermed decd petitioned court to sell his ward’s real estate. Silas decd was heir of Edward McDermed elder now also decd. Heirs of Edward McDermed dec. were Sarah Carson, Cornelius McDermed, Mary Ann Suttles and Catherine McDermed as his children and Edward McDermed, Martha Jane Gott and Silas and William as his grandchildren. 12 Aug 1845.
p. 511 – Edward McDermed reported to the court that he had sold his ward’s (Silas and William McDermed, minor heirs of Silas McDermed decd) interest in real estate to Cornelius McDermed. 13 Nov 1845.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Find A Grave, Memorial# 29104049, Secondary quality.
Death: Feb. 16, 1852
Burial: Second Mount Pleasant Cemetery , Franklin, Johnson County, Indiana, USA
47y 1m 1d