Conrad III "le Pacifique" de Bourgogne
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Conrad I, called Conrad the Peaceful ( – 19 October 993), was the king of Burgundy from 937 until his death. He was the son of King Rudolph II, the first king of a united Burgundy, and Bertha of Swabia. Some sources call him Conrad III, since he was the third Conrad in his family: his great-grandfather was Duke Conrad II, whose father was Count Conrad I.
His reign was peaceful (hence his byname) and he was popular with his subjects. The only war in which he got involved was a simultaneous invasion of Saracens and Magyars in which he played them off against each other. He then routed them in combat.
He married Matilda, daughter of Louis IV of France and Gerberga of Saxony. They had at least four children:
He was secondly married to Adelaide of Bellay. They were parents to at least one daughter:
By his concubine, Aldiud, he had a son:
- ↑ Conrad of Burgundy, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- Conrad, Roi de Jurane Bourgogne, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- CONRAD, son of RUDOLF II King of Upper Burgundy & his wife Berta of Swabia ([922/25]-Vienne 19 Oct 993, bur Vienne, cathédrale Saint-Maurice)., in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Biographie a Wikipedia FR, in Wikipedia, [], trouvée 2016, Secondary quality.
Conrad III de Bourgogne ou de Provence ou Conrad Ier d'Arles, dit Conrad le Pacifique1 (né aux environs de 925 et mort le 19 octobre 993) fut roi d'Arles ou de la Bourgogne Transjurane de 937 à sa mort. D'ascendance Welf (guelfe), il était le fils de Rodolphe II de Bourgogne. Son fils, Rodolphe III de Bourgogne, lui succéda.