Alfred Joseph Smereczanski
Facts and Events
||Alfred Joseph Smereczanski
||10 Jun 1900
||2 Sep 1900
||as stated on WW1 Draft Registration Card
||7 Dec 1910
||New York City, New York, United States
||1 Jun 1915
||Bronx, New York, United States429 Barretto St
||Manhattan, New York, New York, United States438 East 23 Street
||Norwich, New London, Connecticut, United States
||to Evangeline Estelle Easterday
||4 Apr 1940
||Bronx, Bronx, New York, United States88 169 St
||1 Oct 1991
||Newton, Sussex, New Jersey, United States
Alfred sailed from Hamburg, Germany on 25 November 1910, and arrived at Ellis Island on 7 December 1910 aboard the S.S. President Grant.
He traveled with Stefan (who is likely an uncle), and brothers Klemmens, Emanuel, and Miecyslaw. They would be joining their father, Josef, at 506 E. 17th St., New York.
The ship manifest states their brother Wilhelm Smerczensky remained in Czernowitz.[S2]
World War 1 Draft Registration date unknown. Alfred lived in Norwich, Connecticut. This document states that Alfred's middle name was Joseph, that his last name was spelled Smerechansky, and that he was born on 2 September 1900. He was 18 years old, with grey eyes and light brown hair. He was of medium height with a medium build and was a student at Norwich Free Academy in Norwich, Connecticut.[S4]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index: Death Master File, database. (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service).
- ↑ New York, New York, United States. Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, NY, 1897-1957. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T715).
- ↑ New York, New York, United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule, 18-WD, ED 860, sheet 7B.
Smerenshky Joseph, head, 42, immigrated 1910, b Austria, father b Italy, mother b Italy [birth place of both parents likely mistaken information that belongs to the family above]
Mary, wife, 39, immigrated 1910, b Austria, father b Austria, mother b Austria
Alfred, son, 20, immigrated 1910, b Austria, father b Austria, mother b Austria
Clemens, son, 18, immigrated 1910, b Austria, father b Austria, mother b Austria
Joseph, son, 8, b New York, father b Austria, mother b Austria
Virginia, daughter, 6, b New York, father b Austria, mother b Austria
David, son, 4, b New York, father b Austria, mother b Austria
Lillian, daughter, 2, b Connecticut, father b Austria, mother b Austria
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 United States. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M1509).
Registration Location: New London County, Connecticut; Roll: 1570296; Draft Board: 10.
"United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918", index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KZFJ-GY5 : accessed 01 Dec 2014), Alfred Joseph Smerediausky, 1917-1918.
- ↑ Bronx, New York, United States. 1940 U.S. Census Population Schedule, ED 3-231, sheet 3A, Primary quality.
Delgran Alfred, head, 40, b New York, lived in same place 1 Apr 1935
Evangeline, wife, 37, b Pennsylvania
Marcia, daughter, 2, b New York
- ↑ Alfred Smerky , in New York, State Census, 1915.
Smerky Alfred; Son; W; M; 14; Austria; 4; Al; School
- ↑ Record of Aliens Held for Special Inquiry.
Names are typed incorrectly (these same names appear on another special inquiry page). The ages and list numbers match.