Facts and Events
- ↑ Lu Ann Knott, in Knott Family Letters, 21 October 1992, Secondary quality.
Alvina married Berg and divorced
- ↑ Bremerton Sun (Bremerton, Washington), in Knott Family Obituaries, p. 8, 10 Aug 1982, Secondary quality.
Alvina Pearl Berg - married Roy Arthur Berg Feb. 2, 1922, in Breckenridge, S.D.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Roy A. Berg vs Alvina Berg, in Washington, Skagit. Civil Court Records, File #24088, 1957, Primary quality.
Roy Berg filed for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty; Alvina countered with similar charges; the judge found Roy Berg’s testimony unconvincing, but believed Alvina. Lola White was called as a witness.
The Berg’s were married in Wilmar, Minnesota on 22 February 1922. . . .
Decree of Divorce granted to Alvina P. Berg, 25 Nov 1957
- ↑ Minnesota, United States. Minnesota Official Marriage System, Secondary quality.
KANDIYOHI County, Certificate No. L-381, Date: 2/22/1922, BERG, ROY A and KNOTT, ALVINA P
- ↑ "Knott - Berg", in Willmar Tribune (Willmar, Minnesota), 8 Mar 1922, Wed, First Edition Newspapers.com , accessed 25 Jul 2016.
"A quiet wedding was solemnized at the M. E. church at Breckenridge on Wednesday, Feb. 22nd, when Miss Alvina P. Knott, formerly of this county, was united in marriage to Roy A. Berg, a son of Mr. and Mrs. A. Berg, also of this city. The bride was attired in an ivory satin gown.
"Miss Knott returned from a seven months trip to Washington and other points and was met by Mr. Berg at Breckenridge at which place they were made man and wife. They will make their home on a farm in the vicinity of Willmar."