Family:Charles Halsey and Agatha Dorrien (1)

Watchers
Facts and Events
Marriage[1][2][3] 16 Jan 1727 Hamburg– very likely at 'The English Church' in Hamburg, “where his family were baptised” S2 and which is now (since 1947) called the ‘Church of St. Thomas à Becket’
Children
BirthDeath
References
  1. FamilySearch /International Genealogical Index - British Isles (IGI/BI).

    « Agatha Dorrien - International Genealogical Index / BI - Father: Frederick Dorrien / Gender: Female Birth: 25 JUL 1706 London, London, England / Death: 26 FEB 1782 / Burial: Great Gaddesden, Hertford, England / Marriage: 16 JAN 1727 Hamburg, , Hamburg, Germany / Spouse: Charles Halsey » > Record submitted by a member of the LDS Church. / File No. 1145103 > Accessed on: familysearch.org/

  2. GADDESDEN ESTATE web site > History > The Halsey Family and the Gaddesden Estate.

    « Hamburg traders and the seven years war: Henshaw’s brother Charles, in partnership with the Hanbury family established a trading business in Hamburg. They were members of the English congregation, established in 1612, at the Church of St. Thomas a Becket in the Zeughausmarkt, where his family were baptised. The Church, rebuilt in 1838, still stands, surviving the bombing in 1943. Charles began recording family births, marriages and deaths in the gigantic Family Bible, which is still in use and is a most treasured heirloom. .... » > Accessed on: gaddesdenestate.co.uk/history/

  3. Anglican Church in Hamburg web site > History > 'History of the Anglican Church in Hamburg' by ms, 1 April, 2011.

    « The 400-year-long history of the Anglican Church in Hamburg, is story is (sic) intertwined with both Hamburg’s illustrious trade history and the Church of England’s history in Europe. Although English-speaking Christians had worshipped in Europe since before the Reformation, the Hamburg congregation played a particularly pivotal role in the 17th century in establishing the Church of England’s presence in Europe. In 1611 the English in Hamburg, at that time as members of the Guild of Merchant Adventurers – for centuries the most powerful cloth-trading company in northern Europe – were granted by the Senate of Hamburg the privilege of holding services in the English language according to the rite of the Church of England. In securing an unprecedented religious freedom, the church became the first sanctioned non-Lutheran congregation in the city. For much of its history the church was simply known as ‘The English Church’.
    The current church located on Zeughausmarkt was consecrated after building on 11 November 1838. The name St Thomas Becket, the patron saint of the Merchant Adventurers, was given to the church after it reopened after the war in 1947. »
    > Accessed on: anglican-church-hamburg.de/