Place:Macclesfield Rural, Cheshire, England

Watchers
NameMacclesfield Rural
TypeRural district
Coordinates53.333°N 2.133°W
Located inCheshire, England     (1894 - 1974)
See alsoMacclesfield, Cheshire, Englandmunicipal borough which the rural district surrounded
Macclesfield District, Cheshire, Englanddistrict municipality into which it was absorbed in 1974
Cheshire East District, Cheshire, Englandunitary authority in which it has been located since 2009
the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia

Macclesfield Rural District was a rural district in Cheshire, England from 1894 to 1974. The district was formed in 1894 based on Macclesfield rural sanitary district by the Local Government Act 1894.

Macclesfield Municipal Borough and Bollington Urban District formed an enclave which was surrounded by Macclesfield Rural District.

The rural district was abolished under the Local Government Act 1972 in 1974 and replaced by Borough of Macclesfield. The Borough of Macclesfield is now part of Cheshire East unitary authority.

Civil Parishes

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Adlington chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Birtles township, chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1936 to Henbury
Bosley chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Butley township, civil parish 1894 - 1936 to Prestbury and Bollington (near Macclesfield)
Capesthorne township, chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1936 to Siddington
Chelford chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Chorley (near Wilmslow) township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Eaton (near Northwich) township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Fallibroome township, civil parish 1894 - 1936 to Prestbury and Macclesfield
Gawsworth parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1974
Great Warford township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Henbury township, civil parish 1936 - 1974
Henbury cum Pexall township, civil parish 1894 - 1936 to Henbury
Hurdsfield township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Kerridge civil parish 1894 - 1900 to Bollington (near Macclesfield)
Kettleshulme township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Lower Withington township, civil parish 1894 - 1936 to Withington
Lyme Handley township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Macclesfield Forest township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Marton chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Mottram St. Andrew township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Nether Alderley township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Newton in Prestbury township, civil parish 1894 - 1936 to Mottram St. Andrew
North Rode township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Old Withington township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Over Alderley township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Pott Shrigley chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Poynton with Worth civil parish 1894 - 1974
Prestbury parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1974
Rainow chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Siddington township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Snelson township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Sutton in Prestbury chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Taxal parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1936
Tytherington township, civil parish 1894 - 1936
Upton township, civil parish 1894 - 1936
Wildboarclough township, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Wincle chapelry, civil parish 1894 - 1974
Withington civil parish 1894 - 1974
Woodford township, civil parish 1894 - 1939

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Macclesfield Rural District. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.