Place:Healey and Combhill, Northumberland, England

NameHealey and Combhill
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.22°N 1.868°W
Located inNorthumberland, England     ( - 1955)
See alsoNetherwitton, Northumberland, Englandchapelry in which Healey and Combhill was a township
Hartburn, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which Netherwitton was a chapelry
Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Rothbury Rural, Northumberland, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1955
Nunnykirk, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Healey and Combhill from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"HEALEY AND COMBHILL, a township in Nether Witton parish, Northumberland; 8 miles NW of Morpeth. Acres: 866. Population: 32. Houses: 6."

Healey and Combhill was a township in the chapelry of Netherwitton which was originally in Hartburn ancient parish. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Rothbury Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Nunnykirk.

Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.