Place:Fillmore, Allegany, New York, United States

Watchers


NameFillmore
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates42.45°N 78.1°W
Located inAllegany, New York, United States
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Fillmore is a hamlet (and census-designated place) in the town of Hume, Allegany County, New York, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 603. It was originally known as "The Mouth of the Creek" but was named for President Millard Fillmore in 1850. The former village of Fillmore dissolved its incorporation and is now simply a named hamlet southeast of the town center of Hume. Fillmore is the mailing address of the Hungarian Scout Camp, the main campsite of the Hungarian Scout Association in Exteris, although the camp is technically within the neighboring town of Granger. Fillmore is also the site of the Most Holy Family Monastery which was designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) in February, 2017.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Fillmore, New York. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.