Place:Daventry Rural, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameDaventry Rural
TypeRural district
Coordinates52.3°N 1.15°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England     (1894 - 1974)
See alsoCrick Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district which it absorbed in 1935
Daventry District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

The Daventry Rural District was a rural district in Northamptonshire, England from 1894 to 1974. It entirely surrounded the municipal borough of Daventry. The district was administered from Daventry but did not include the town.

It was formed under the Local Government Act 1894 based on Daventry Rural Sanitary District. It was expanded in 1935, by a County Review Order, by taking over the parishes of the former Crick Rural District.

In 1974, under the Local Government Act 1972, the district was abolished, being merged with Daventry and with most of Brixworth Rural District to form a new District of Daventry.

Parishes

ParishDescriptionDurationNotes
Ashby St Ledgers parish (ancient), civil parish
Badby parish (ancient), civil parish
Barby parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Crick Rural District in 1935
Braunston parish (ancient), civil parish
Brockhall parish (ancient), civil parish
Byfield parish (ancient), civil parish
Canons Ashby parish (ancient), civil parish
Catesby parish (ancient), civil parish
Charwelton parish (ancient), civil parish
Clay Coton chancelry, parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Crick Rural District in 1935
Crick parish (ancient), civil parish 1894 - 1935 from Crick Rural District in 1935
Dodford parish (ancient), civil parish
Elkington Extraparochial, parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Crick Rural District in 1935
Everdon parish (ancient), civil parish
Farthingstone parish (ancient), civil parish
Fawsley parish (ancient), civil parish
Flore parish (ancient), civil parish
Hellidon chapelry, parish (ancient), civil parish
Kilsby parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Crick Rural District in 1935
Lilbourne parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Crick Rural District in 1935
Long Buckby parish (ancient), civil parish
Newnham chancelry, parish (ancient), civil parish
Norton parish (ancient), civil parish
Preston Capes parish (ancient), civil parish
Stanford parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Crick Rural District in 1935
Staverton parish (ancient), civil parish
Stowe Nine Churches parish (ancient), civil parish
Watford parish (ancient), civil parish
Weedon Bec parish (ancient), civil parish
Welton chancelry, parish (ancient), civil parish
West Haddon parish (ancient), civil parish
Whilton parish (ancient), civil parish
Winwick parish (ancient), civil parish
Woodford cum Membris parish (ancient), civil parish
Yelvertoft parish (ancient), civil parish 1935 - 1974 from Crick Rural District in 1935
This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Daventry Rural District. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.