Place:Awsworth, Nottinghamshire, England

Watchers
NameAwsworth
TypeChapelry, Civil parish
Coordinates52.99°N 1.28°W
Located inNottinghamshire, England
See alsoBroxtowe Wapentake, Nottinghamshire, EnglandWapentake in which the place was located
Basford Rural, Nottinghamshire, Englandrural district 1894-1974
Broxtowe District, Nottinghamshire, Englanddistrict covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Awsworth is a village and civil parish in the Broxtowe district of Nottinghamshire, England. It had a population of 2,266 in 2001, reducing to 2,204 at the 2011 Census. The village is near the edge of the Greater Nottingham area, between Kimberley and Ilkeston, Derbyshire.

Awsworth has been a civil parish since 1894.

The parish church of St Peter consists of a remaining chancel from the brick church of 1746 and a nave which was rebuilt in 1902–03 by Naylor and Sale of Derby in a freely adapted Gothic style. A northwest tower was projected but never built.

Image:Broxtowe Parishes map.png

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Awsworth. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.