Person:Jacob Kumler (1)

Watchers
Browse
Jacob Kumler
 
 
m. 1820
  1. Henry P. KumlerBet 1818 & 1837 -
  2. David KumlerBet 1819 & 1837 -
  3. Andrew KumlerBet 1820 & 1837 -
  4. Noah W. Kumler1827 - 1902
  5. Susan Ann Kumler1828 - 1865
  6. Jesse Kumler1832 -
  7. Daniel KumlerBet 1837 & 1845 -
  8. Salome Kumler1837 - 1921
  9. Samuel E. Kumler1839 - 1910
  10. Jacob Kumler
Facts and Events
Name Jacob Kumler
Gender Male

IS HE HENRY JUNIOR OR HENRY SENIOR'S SON?

He is NOT listed here:

Miller, Marcella Henry. Kumler History. Dayton, Ohio. 1960. Available at Dayton Metro Library. Chart: The Children and Descendants of Bishop Henry, Jr. and Christina Zeller Kumler

References
  1.   Centennial portrait and biographical record of the city of Dayton and of Montgomery County, Ohio: containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens, together with biographies and portraits of the presidents of the United States and biographies of the governors of Ohio. (A.W. Bowen, 1897).

    http://www.daytonhistorybooks.com/page/page/1716777.htm

    HENRY C. HUNT, [pages 992-993] one of the best known citizens and business men of Miamisburg, Montgomery county, was born in Wayne township, Butler county, Ohio, August 30, 1827, a son of Edward and Rachael (Sheafor) Hunt.

    Edward Hunt was a native of New Jersey and a son of Edward and Susannah (Pearson) Hunt, of English descent. He settled in Wayne township, Butler county, Ohio, in 1818, and, being a tanner by trade, engaged in tanning, shoemaking and farming, and carried on a successful business until his death, in 1835. His wife was a daughter of Peter Sheafor, also a native of New Jersey, of German descent, who was a soldier in the Revolutionary war, and who, after living a few years in Kentucky, settled in Lemon township, Butler county, Ohio, in 1803, where he cleared up and improved a farm, on which he passed the remainder of his life.

    Henry C. Hunt received a very good education in the common and select schools of his native township, and began his business life as a clerk in a dry-goods store in Hamilton, Ohio, in 1845, in which position he remained two years. He then, in 1847, embarked in the dry-goods trade on his own account in Miltonville, Butler county, in which he continued eight years, after which he farmed in Madison township until 1862. He then removed to Seven Mile, Butler county, and engaged in the grain business until 1868, when he came to Miamisburg and engaged in the manufacture of carriage wheels as a member of the firm of Bookwalter Bros. & Co., with whom he was associated as secretary and treasurer until the concern was merged into the American Wheel company in 1890. Since that time, Mr. Hunt has done no more active work than properly guarding the investment of his capital. He has been president of the Miamisburg Building & Loan association since its organization in April, 1893, has been a stockholder in the First National bank, and is also interested in the Western Linoleum company, manufacturers of oil-cloth, etc., at Akron. Ohio.

    The marriage of Mr. Hunt was solemnized June 3, 1856, with Miss Catherine K. Kumler, daughter of Jacob and Hannah (Flickinger) Kumler, of Butler county, and residents of Ohio, since 1819. Mrs. Hunt is a niece of Bishop D. K. Flickinger, of the United Brethren church, and a granddaughter of Bishop Henry Kumler, of the same organization, The latter came from Lancaster county, Pa., and settled in Butler county, Ohio, in 1819. To the marriage of Mr. and Mrs. Hunt have been born four children, viz: Charles E., H. Jennie (deceased), Rachel L. (Mrs. W. D. Hoover), and William F. Mr. and Mrs. Hunt have long been consistent members of the Methodist Episcopal church, Mr. Hunt also having been superintendent of the Sabbath-school for seven years. He is a master Mason, in politics is a republican, and for nine years was a member of the school board. He is one of Miamisburg's most public-spirited citizens and has done much to increase the city's prosperity by the erection of business houses and other structures when needed, and has never failed to aid in promoting enterprises designed for the good of the general public. No man in the community stands higher in its esteem than does Henry C. Hunt.