Person:Arthur Wardwell (2)

Watchers
Arthur Francis Wardwell
d.22 JUN 1971 Bangor, Penobscot, ME
m. 14 OCT 1929
  1. Jacqueline Ann Wardwell1933 - 2005
Facts and Events
Name Arthur Francis Wardwell
Gender Male
Birth[1] 16 MAY 1903 Penobscot, Hancock, ME
Marriage 14 OCT 1929 Millinocket, Penobscot, MEto Mildred Catherine MacMahone
Death[2] 22 JUN 1971 Bangor, Penobscot, ME
Occupation? Businessman
Burial? Castine Cemetery, Castine, Hancock, Maine, United States

Cause of death: Emphysemia, Heart failure. Arthur was one of three original owners of the Bangor Tire Company. Arthur, Howard Collmer, And Percival Merrill were the three partners. Bangor Tire was located on Franklin street, where Panda Garden is now located and before that Benjamin's Bar. On January 13, 1949 Arthur bought 20% of the Houlton Bowling Alley on Bangor Street in Houlton,ME. Howard Collmer owning the other 80%. Arthur also was part owner of the CMW Realty Co., Apparently the three partners in Bangor Tire also were partners in this venture around 1949-1950. Arthur enjoyed his hunting camp, in Alton Maine on Sargent Bog, and his summer home in Castine Maine. He enjoyed fishing with his friends, including Bud Leavitt and on occasion Baseball great Ted Williams. He was at one time a member of the Coast Guard Reserve. Arthur also enjoyed his vegetable garden in Bangor. He was known to dabble in the stock market and at the time of his death owned several shares of some very big companies, such as AT&T, leaving his wife a very well to do woman. He liked to play cribbage and taught me how to play. He was a member of the Bangor Lodge of Elks, Bangor Lions Club, and an active member of Saint Mary's Church in Bangor. -Ancestors of Malu Del McDonald. Ancestry.com

Listed in 1930 Bangor Directory living at 102 Cedar. Listed in 1932 & 1933 Bangor City Directory: Employee at Bangor Tire, home at 116 Elm. 1945 Bangor Directory lists him as the Assistant Manger at Bangor Tire, living at 64 Fourteenth. 1952 Bangor Directory lists him as General Manager. 1960 Bangor Directory shows him living at 64 Fourteenth. 1965 Bangor Directory shows him retired, living at 64 Fourteenth.

References
  1. Social Security Death Index.
  2. Index to Maine Deaths, Online, 1960-1996, Maine State Archives.