Place:Lartington, Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameLartington
TypeVillage
Located inYorkshire, England
Also located inDurham, England     (1974 - )
North Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Lartington is a village and civil parish about west of the town of Barnard Castle, in Teesdale, in the Pennines of England. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 135.

Lartington is historically in the North Riding of Yorkshire but along with the rest of the former Startforth Rural District it was transferred to County Durham for administrative and ceremonial purposes on 1 April 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972.

The parish is notable for Lartington Hall, the seat of a Roman Catholic family who were recusants. Lartington railway station was on the South Durham and Lancashire Union Railway, which is now abandoned. It opened in 1861 and closed in 1962.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Lartington. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.