Person:Lucy Fuller (15)

Watchers
  • F.  Edwin Fuller (add)
  • M.  Eunice Maxson (add)
  1. Lucy Angeline Fuller1838 - 1921
  2. Harriet P. Fuller1844 - 1898
m. 25 Oct 1858
  1. Fred Lincoln Burdick1869 - 1940
Facts and Events
Name Lucy Angeline Fuller
Gender Female
Birth[1] 20 Apr 1838 Bolivar, Allegany, New York, United States
Marriage 25 Oct 1858 to Zuriel W. Burdick
Death[1] 20 Jan 1921 Milton Junction, Rock, Wisconsin, United States
References
  1. 1.0 1.1 The Sabbath Recorder
    90:12:382, March 21, 1921.

    Lucy Angeline Fuller was born in Bolivar, N. Y., April 20, 1838, and died in Milton Junction, Wis., January 20, 1921. She was the second in a family of seven children born to Edwin and Eunice Maxson Fuller.
    When she was twelve years old she came with her family to Wisconsin and settled in Pleasant Springs township, Dane Co., near the old Utica church. It was while residing here in the days of her girlhood that she attended Albion Academy and with several of the young people was converted and joined by baptism the Utica Seventh Day Baptist Church. She maintained her Christian principles and ideal throughout life. She held membership in the Utica Seventh Day Baptist Church, the church at New Auburn, Minn., and with the Milton Junction Seventh Day Baptist Church where she was a faithful and honored member at the time of her death.
    On October 25, 1858 she was united in marriage to Z. W. Burdick by Rev. William C. Whitford, at Milton, Wis. To this union were born two children: Minnie L., now Mrs. Louis C. Kemp; and Fred L., of Milton Junction. After living four years at Utica, she and her husband went with a number of families who settled on the beautiful little lake of New Auburn, Minn. A Seventh Day Baptist church being formed here, she became a member of that church. Here they lived for nine years. While residing there her husband gave the name of Transit to the little town now bearing that name. The death of Mr. Burdick occurred in 1873 soon after the family returned to Milton Junction.
    In November of 1882 she was united in marriage to Mr. Henry Williams, of Milton Junction, Wis., by Rev. Nathan Wardner., and for thirty-nine years she was his faithful wife and companion.
    Mrs. Williams was a woman known for her Christian integrity and high ideals. She was a good wife and mother, a faithful friend to those in need and one who felt deeply the sorrows of those about her. Of a deeply sympathetic nature, and possessed with a genius for caring for the sick, she was much sought after in times of sickness and sorrow and many, many homes have been blessed by her ministries of love and kindness. Naturally of a cheerful disposition she scattered sunshine wherever she went and many will cherish the memory of her genial spirit.
    Funeral services were conducted from her late home by her pastor, Rev. Edgar D. Van Horn, assisted by her former pastors, Rev. George W. Burdick, and Rev. Henry N. Jordan, of Milton.
    Many beautiful floral offerings and a large circle of relatives and friends at the farewell services attested to the high esteem in which she was held. Mrs. Olga Hull and Mrs. R. A. Gillaspy rendered three beautiful duets at the farewell service.
    She leaves to mourn her loss her aged husband, 'Uncle Henry,' Mrs. Louis C. Kemp, and Mr. Fred Burdick of Milton Junction, besides a large number of other relatives and friends. Interment was in the Milton Junction cemetery. E. D. V. H.