Person:Edna Whitford (1)

Watchers
m. 31 Dec 1872
  1. Edna Whitford1874 - 1963
  2. Harold Erland Whitford1876 - 1950
  3. Mignonette C Whitford1887 - 1960
  4. Lawrence Beryl Whitford1893 - 1975
m. 10 Oct 1895
Facts and Events
Name Edna Whitford
Gender Female
Birth[1] 18 Oct 1874 Orleans, Harlan, Nebraska, United States
Marriage 10 Oct 1895 Albion, Dane, Wisconsin, United Statesto Harry E. Thomas
Death[1] 15 Apr 1963 Janesville, Rock, Wisconsin, United States
References
  1. 1.0 1.1 The Milton and Milton Junction Courier
    April 18, 1963.

    Mrs. Edna Whitford Thomas died in Mercy Hospital April 15, 1963, after a short illness. She was born in Orleans, Neb., Oct. 18, 1874, where her parents were homesteading. They returned to the family home in Albion, Wis., when she was a small child. She was the oldest of eight children born to Mr. and Mrs. A. L. Whitford.
    She attended Albion Graded School and Albion Academy. She was married to Harry E. Thomas in Albion in 1895. To them were born two daughters, Eloise of Milton, and Eunice (Mrs. Franklin Walsh) of Zenda, Wis. The family lived at Albion until they moved to Milton in 1920. In Albion she was a member of and active in church affairs of the Albion Seventh Day Baptist Church and in music of the community, interests which she continued in Milton and the Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church. She was an honorary deaconess of her church, a member of the Women's Circle, of the Lend-a-Hand Class of the Sabbath School and of the W.V.I. Club and its Nature Study Group.
    Her husband preceded her in death in 1943; also brothers, Kenneth, Harold and Wardie of the Albion-Edgerton vicinity, Hugh of Milton Junction, and one sister, Mrs. Floyd Vincent of Milton.
    She is survived by her daughters and son-in-law; brothers Elmer of Lincoln, Calif., and Beryl of Berrien Springs, Mich., and many nephews and nieces.
    Funeral services were held at 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, at the Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church, Rev. Elmo F. Randolph officiating. Burial was in Milton Cemetery.