Place:Averham, Nottinghamshire, England

Watchers
NameAverham
TypeParish (ancient), Civil parish
Located inNottinghamshire, England
See alsoThurgarton Wapentake, Nottinghamshire, EnglandWapentake in which the place was located
Southwell Rural, Nottinghamshire, Englandrural district 1894-1974
Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire, Englandmetropolitan borough 1935-1974
Newark and Sherwood District, Nottinghamshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Averham /ˈɛərəm/ is a village and civil parish in the Newark and Sherwood district of Nottinghamshire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 187. The village is just west of Newark-on-Trent. Staythorpe Power Station is south-west of the village.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Averham. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.