Section titles currently in use:
- Citation - separate from the citation shown in automatically generated block, this is a narrative description of the citation content.
- Usage Tips - arbitrary stuff that is useful to know in making use of the source
- Index - references to separately created/published indexes of the content of the source.
- FHL Numbers - Family history library film numbers
- Citation Examples - Person or family pages that demonstrate appropriate use of the source.
Other content seen but not titled:
- Introductory remark and/or overview
- Tables of per-volume links to on-line versions of the content
Proposed Standard Layout Sections
In their proposed sequence:
- Overview - a handful of sentences that characterize the source in general terms.
- Usage Tips - Change to a bullet-list organization of tips. Companion or related works no longer in a separate section - just added bullets describing the related work. Special concerns related to good citation content also added as bullet tips.
- Examples - Bullet list of several WeRelate pages that make appropriate use of the source.
- WeRelate Transcripts - simply indicated as another copy of the work in the ordinary manner.
- FHL Film numbers (even when the work consists of several films) - should be referred to in the standard fields rather than the body of the source page.
Example Source Pages
Sources Revised to Reflect the Proposal
- Source:Savage, James. Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England - dictionary with numerous reprints.
- Source:Cutter, William Richard. Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts - gilded age published genealogy
- Source:New England Historical and Genealogical Register - periodical
- Source:Tuttle, Charles W. Tuttle Family of New Hampshire - paper from NEHGR, associated with a WeRelate hyper-linked transcript.
- Source:Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage - web source with a distinguished URL per person
- Source:Rowell, Evelyn Piper. Epsom New Hampshire Cemetery Book - privately published book, with updated versions available on-line including a PDF on WeRelate
- Source:Ezra Scollay Stearns, William Frederick Whitcher, Edward Everett Parker. Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire - multi-volume gilded age genealogy.
- Source:Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. Mayflower Compact - Source page uses extract from introduction of corresponding Wikipedia page. Also shows werelate as a repository, indicating local transcript.
Sources Pending Work