eeVas Family Timeline
Below is a timeline of the eeVas Family tree. It includes items that are of significance to members of my childrens' pedigree. These items include births, deaths, significant family events as well has historical items that were important to the lives of those ancestors or the areas they lived. Direct line ancestors are in bold. For more information please follow the links, further information is given on the individual and family pages, including links to some early relatives that I do not have precise dates on, so cannot plot on a timeline.
It is amazing how hard it is to narrow down which historical events should be included, please let me know your thoughts on the talk page.
Links to historical articles are from Wikipedia.org.
1900 - 1919
1920 - 1939
- 1920 - 19th Amendment ratified, granting women the right to vote
- 1921 - Mr. Cantu & Santos DeLeon marry, they have 2 children - Alonzo and Andrea
- 1924 - Addie Graninger is born in Bonham, Texas (great grandmother)
- 1925 - Jacinto Vasquez & Santos DeLeon marry, they have 6 children - Calistro, Santos, Jacinto II, Benito, Guadulupe, and Living
- 1928 - Jacobo Martinez & Refugia 'Cora' Rios marry in Pearsall, Texas, they have 14 children
- 1929 - Beginning of the Great Depression
- 1931 - Jacinto Vasquez, II is born Harlingen, Texas (grandfather)
- 1932 - Gordon T. Johnston & Mary Lathrop marry in Waurika, Oklahoma, they have 4 children - Grady, Jimmy, Kay and Living
- 1933 - 21st Amendment ratified, ending Prohibition
- 1934 - Dust Bowl begins, causing major ecological and agricultural damage to the Great Plains states
- 1935 - Rosa Martinez is born in Charlotte, Texas (grandmother)
- 1935 - James Johnston, Sr. is born in Houston, Texas (grandfather)
- 1939 - World War II begins with Nazi invasion of Poland
- 1939 - Walter 'Jack' Bachman & Addie Graninger marry in Vernon, Texas, they have 4 children - Leon, Loretta and two living
1940 - 1959
1960 - 1979
1980 - 1999