Cindy McCathern has given Janie a large doc with info about several Samuel Jacksons in the area of Prince William, Stafford, and/or Fauquier Counties.
These several Samuels need to be charted to distinguish between them.
- Samuel Jackson (a) we don't know enough about. Michael Marshall says he died 1688. He had land.
- Samuel Jackson (b) we don't know enough about. Cindy gave his activity from 1703- 1755.
- Samuel Jackson (57) b abt 1755 Prince William, Virginia married Mary Farrow. This Samuel is s/o Francis Jackson and Sarah Tyler. His descendant, Lee Jackson's DNA matches Robert Jackson (1) of Hempstead, Queens, New York.
- Samuel Jackson (49) b 1756 Prince William, married Vashti, left Virginia abt 1798, migrated to Kentucky, Indiana and died in Morgan Co., Illinois. This Samuel has a descendant, Kenneth Jackson who's DNA matches that of Robert Jackson (1) of Hempstead, New York. We have not located his parents.
- Samuel Jackson (d) b ?; d abt 1786 in Prince William. We have an estate inventory dated 1786.
1783 Quotes from the book "Prince William A Story of its People and Places, WPA, 1941
Appendix A: A list of Taxpayers in Prince William County in 1783 Compiled from Personal Property Tax Records: page 205. "Francis Jackson, Samuel Jackson, Samuel Jackson Jr., Samuel Jackson."
These are the only Jacksons listed for that tax year. Viewing the actual tax record we find that Francis, Samuel Senior and Samuel Jr. Jackson are all on the district above Cedar Run and the other Samuel is on the district below Cedar Run.
There was a father Samuel with sons Samuel & Francis. The father wrote the 1785 will. These are probably the men above Cedar Run and the other Samuel could be the son of Francis and Sarah Tyler.
Sam Sr. (abt 1720 to 1786)
Francis Jackson (abt 1746 to unk)
Sam Jr. (1756 to 1844) left Virginia abt 1798
Sam, s/o Francis & Sarah (1755 to 1815)