||The Pension Roll of 1835
||Report from the Secretary of War, in Obedience to Resolutions of the Senate of the 5th and 30th of June, 1834, and the 3d of March, 1835, in Relation to the Pension Establishment of the United States.
Alabama, United States
Arkansas, United States
Connecticut, United States
Delaware, United States
District of Columbia, United States
Florida, United States
Georgia, United States
Illinois, United States
Indiana, United States
Kentucky, United States
Louisiana, United States
Maine, United States
Maryland, United States
Massachusetts, United States
Michigan, United States
Mississippi, United States
Missouri, United States
New Hampshire, United States
New Jersey, United States
New York, United States
North Carolina, United States
Ohio, United States
Pennsylvania, United States
Rhode Island, United States
South Carolina, United States
Tennessee, United States
Vermont, United States
Virginia, United States
||1835 - 1835
||Washington, District of Columbia
|Number of Volumes
|The Pension Roll of 1835: Report from the Secretary of War, in Obedience to Resolutions of the Senate of the 5th and 30th of June, 1834, and the 3d of March, 1835, in Relation to the Pension Establishment of the United States. (Washington, District of Columbia: Duff Green, 1835).|
"(23d Congress, 1st session. Senate. Doc. No. 514). Tabular. Arranged (1st) by state, (2d) by class of pensioners: a Invalid pensioners; b. Heirs of non-commissioned officers, privates, &c. who (tied in the U. S. service who obtained five years' half pay in lieu of bounty land, under the second section of the act of April 16, 1816; c. Pensioners under the act of March 18. 1818; d Pensioners under the act of June 7, 1832, (3d) by county. Alphabetic by initial letter only. Section [a] contains very few Revolutionary pensioners and [b] gives heirs of soldiers killed in the War of 1812. Sections [c] and [d] are confined to Revolutionary pensioners; names are alphabetic under county by initial letter of family name only. 9 columns: Names; Rank; Annual allowance; Sums received; Description of service; When placed on the pension Palls; Commencement of pension; Age; Remarks. Sections [c] and [d] include all veterans who had been pensioned under these two acts ; many had died before 1835 but full entry is made, with date of death."
Select reprints may be ordered through the nearest Family History Center. An index to the 1968 reprint by the Genealogical Publishing Company is available at the Family History Library (Conroe, TX: Montgomery County Genealogical & Historical Society, 1980).
- 1959 reprint (Kentucky pensioners only): US/CAN Book 976.9 M24
- 1968 reprint: 6046995
- 1992 reprint by Murtie June Clark in 4 volumes: US/CAN Books 973 M24ua 1992 v. 1-4 This edition is available at the Family History Library.
Digital editions of all four volumes are available online through Ancestry.com ($):
- Volume I (States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont)
- Volume II (States: Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania)
- Volume III (States: District of Columbia, Maryland, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia)
- Volume IV (States: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, index to all four volumes)
Individual digital editions of select states are also available online:
- Connecticut, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- Delaware, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- Georgia, courtesy: USGenWeb Archives.
- Kentucky, courtesy: Ancestry.com (free).
- Maine, courtesy: MaineGenealogy.net.
- Maine, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- Maryland, courtesy: USGenWeb Archives.
- New Hampshire, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- New Jersey, courtesy: USGenWeb Archives.
- New Jersey, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- New York, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- Pennsylania, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- Rhode Island, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- South Carolina, courtesy: USGenWeb Archives.
- Tennessee, courtesy: USGenWeb Archives.
- Vermont, courtesy: Ancestry.com ($).
- South Carolina Federal Pension Report, 1835, transcribed by Bill Navey (free)
A related source is Source:Columbia, New York, United States. Pension Roll for Columbia County (New York), 1835, a microfilm at the Family History Center of a typescript at the Columbia County Courthouse in Hudson, NY, which also includes a list of Revolutionary War soldiers buried in Columbia county. This list also includes invalid pensioners who lived in Columbia County and is indexed.
- ↑ Revolutionary War Pension Lists, available online, courtesy: The USGenWeb Project
Categories: United States | Alabama, United States | Arkansas, United States | Connecticut, United States | Delaware, United States | District of Columbia, United States | Florida, United States | Georgia, United States | Illinois, United States | Indiana, United States | Kentucky, United States | Louisiana, United States | Maine, United States | Maryland, United States | Massachusetts, United States | Michigan, United States | Mississippi, United States | Missouri, United States | New Hampshire, United States | New Jersey, United States | New York, United States | North Carolina, United States | Ohio, United States | Pennsylvania, United States | Rhode Island, United States | South Carolina, United States | Tennessee, United States | Vermont, United States | Virginia, United States | American Revolutionary War records of the United States
Help fund new features!