||Genealogical History of the Family Semple
||From 1214 to 1888
||Semple, William Alexander
||Press of the Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co.
|Semple, William Alexander. Genealogical History of the Family Semple: From 1214 to 1888. (Hartford, Connecticut: Press of the Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co., 1888).|
William Alexander Semple
- William Alexander Semple is the author of the Genealogical History of the Family Semple: From 1214 to 1818. The book was inscribed
- To my FATHER AND MOTHER, Alexander and Elizabeth Wilson Semple. As A Tribute To Their Exemplary Life And Christian Character, And In Testimony Of The Love Of Their Only Child. The Author.
- As a compiled work, the matter offered herewith necessarily makes but slight pretension to literary merit, though its preparation has required extensive and somewhat protracted research, its arrangement much thought.
- The material I obtained from historical works and collections of Anderson, Crawfurd, Gardner, Patterson, Semple (First cousin of the author's 2nd great grandfather), and other reliable sources; also valuable information from extensive correspondence, and important facts from poems and songs.
- Attention is asked to the "Reference Table," which shows the numbers as found in circles on the genealogical tree, and their corresponding numbers in the history.
- The blank leaves at the end of the book are designed for additional notes which may have been omitted in the body of work, as well as for recording births, marriages, and deaths, and other matters of interest pertaining to the family which may occur in the future.
- In conclusion, I have to beg the indulgence of the reader for any misprints, errors, or omissions which may have escaped my observation, and which, if kindly pointed out, I shall be glad to correct in a subsequent edition.
- Signed, William Alexander Semple (Author)
- Date: Jan. 7, 1888.